What's new

Ring "crown"s ???

hgordon906

Greenie
Joined
Sep 24, 2011
Messages
16
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
Location
Upper Peninsula, Michigan
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer / Garrett AT Pro
Ring "crown"s ???

I have found two of these now and it is best described as being a ring crown. I think that they used to snap or solder over top of a regular band. Is there an approximate age to items like this? Tried a google search and came up with nothing. Thanks for looking and taking a shot.
 

Attachments

  • 092711203522.webp
    092711203522.webp
    59.6 KB · Views: 274
  • 092711203349.webp
    092711203349.webp
    69.5 KB · Views: 263
Re: Ring "crown"s ???

Gordon, WELCOME to the forum. Did you find both of these close to each other? Interesting find, Breezie
 
Upvote 0
Re: Ring "crown"s ???

These were found about 50 miles apart, but both did come from small inland lakes' swimming areas.
 
Upvote 0
Re: Ring "crown"s ???

Gordon, I think you have already ID-ed your own items, as they look like ring crowns to me. I did some research but couldn't come up with any pics of other ring toppers or crowns. I'm assuming this is the handy work of individual jewelers who salvaged the tops of the rings due to breakage on the original band, thus being able to use the top/stone portion on another band. I'd like to see them cleaned. Have you taken them to a local jeweler? Breezie
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom