Feb 24, 2016
Utah
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro/Garrett Ace 350/Garrett Pro Pointer AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
IMG-4666.JPG
IMG-4668.JPG

I'm so stoked! This ring that I found metal detecting on thursday was verbally appraised today...

The Opal is Black Opal from Australia. Black Opal is the most sought after variety of opal. Retail value would be $3000 in current condition with missing one diamond and having scuffs on the band.

To say the least, I am freaking out. And to think I was only worried about the diamonds...

Upvote 19
Congrats, heck of a find.

Killer find, congrats! :icon_thumleft:

That’s a sweet find. Congrats.

Beautiful opal. Nice find. If you were offered anywhere near $3K, take it.

Good job thats what we do and thats how we do it Boom Baby Well done. I gotta hide mine jewelry from the Wife and two Daughters lol

Good job thats what we do and thats how we do it Boom Baby Well done. I gotta hide mine jewelry from the Wife and two Daughters lol

Right?! That’s why I willingly gave it to my wife but now she is scared to wear it lol.

If I dug that my wife would find a way to own it in minutes :dontknow:

Beautiful find

Awesome -WTG
- but be advised from a guy that has found close to 1000 gold rings - big difference between retail and resale
what you would get for it
usually appraisal is for replacement - to buy another one new

Awesome -WTG
- but be advised from a guy that has found close to 1000 gold rings - big difference between retail and resale
what you would get for it
usually appraisal is for replacement - to buy another one new

And that’s why he gave me two offers. 1000$ right away in this condition with scuffs on the band and a diamond missing based on a verbal appraisal. If I repaired it and got a written he could see offering 2000 based on the current verbal appraisal.

Anywhichaway...you found one NICE ring.
Congrats!

Beautiful ring!!! I would keep it, but that’s me. I hate parting with my “finds”.��

You could get the ring restored by having the gold re-dipped to clear up the scratches. Small diamonds are fairly cheap as well or pull one from another find.. May make a nice present for the wife.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back