Ring Identification?

Kevenater

Jan 10, 2007
Cullman, Alabama
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
I didn't find this with a detector. It belonged to my grandpa who was in WW2. I've always been told that one of his friends took it off of a dead German soldiers hand and gave it to my grandpa. I don't know if this is true or not. But when I scan it with my detector(ace250) it reads as a dime. I'm new to all of this so I don't know what silver actually shows up as, but the dime falls on the edge of the silver scale. The inside of the band has 800 stamped in it. Maybe somebody that knows about rings can tell if it is a German design or something. On the side of the band is a leaf and a vine which u can see used to go around the back of the band to the other side. It is very large, will barely go up on my middle finger. Thanks for any help

Attachments

• ring 002.jpg
    ring 002.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 439
  • ring 001.jpg
    ring 001.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 441

DJ_Quinn

Bronze Member
Apr 25, 2005
Southeastern Ireland
Nazi Waffen SS death's head ring. 800 is low grade silver, but the silver content isn't the important thing to a collector of WWII relics. Those are pretty sought after by collectors if its authenticated.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Kevenater

Kevenater

Jan 10, 2007
Cullman, Alabama
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Thanks for the reply, I did a search on the net and saw several pictures of different designs but none just like this one. I found one site that sales replicas, one was almost exact except the skull was turned slightly sideways. I did learn that it is not a vine that goes around the band but a snake. Thanks again. If it's authentic I wonder "about" what is worth, even though I wouldnt sell it. I know that my grandpa had it when I was a kid, I'm 31 now. I remember seeing it now and then since I was old enough to remember, he kept it in a cigar box with alot of other nick nacks. I got it when he died.

Upvote 0

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It is posibly a repro as I have never seen a Waffen SS death's head object that didn't also have the lightening bolt SS on it somewhere. Just an observation. Monty

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread