Pull Tabs

Apr 9, 2015
Florida
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Bountyhunter, 2 Howie scoops 1 RTG scoop
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Went out Sunday morning and as I was leaving coming in across the sandbar I see a man walking straight for me. When he gets to me he says hello and asked if that is a metal detector. I answer yes it is thinking he wants to ask do you ever find anything, what is the best thing you have ever found ect. But he ask if it could it find a gold ring. He tells me he just lost lost his wedding band and would I help him look for it. I ask if he knows for sure where he was when it came off he says he know exactly where it came off and points to his wife standing in ankle deep water right where she is standing then he tells me he was a throwing a ball and I think great so is 5,10 or 30 feet from where she is standing. He tells me they saw it come off and drop into the water where she is standing and she has not moved since. So I agree to look for him. After several targets I kick my scoop in and see his ring slid into my scoop. I look up and tell him it in the scoop and he ask how am I sure? I tell him I saw it slid in. I shake my scoop and pull his ring out. His eyes light up his wife could not believe I found it. When I handed it to him a couple of people that had been watching clapped and I felt great. Then his wife asked if I wanted anything, I asked if she had a camera and would mind taking a picture and sending it to me. That was all I wanted. She said no problem. It was a family from Germany on vacation.

Attachments

• Ring Return.jpg
    Ring Return.jpg
    190.7 KB · Views: 195
Last edited:

Lats

Jan 17, 2015
Westchester, NY
Detector(s) used
White Surf Dual PI, Ace250 with Double D Coil, Stealth 720i Hybrid, Beachmaster, CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
That's great man. You'll always remember that as one of your best finds and when someone asks you what's the best thing you ever found I bet you'll tell them about this one.

Hydro Man

Aug 19, 2013
Winnipeg, MB
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II 1000 OBN RPP & GGA
Primary Interest:
Awesome!
Almost a little super heroish to that couple I bet!
lost-and-found.jpg

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Wow! GREAT Job!! :occasion14::hello2:

OP
OP
P

Pull Tabs

Apr 9, 2015
Florida
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Bountyhunter, 2 Howie scoops 1 RTG scoop
Primary Interest:
Thank you all for the kind words. I have returned a gold college ring thru the mail but actually seeing the person seems more gratifying.

bigfoot1

Silver Member
Nov 1, 2011
so.cal.mtns.
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
garrett,minelab,fisher,,,atp current weapon of choice
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on the return...Returns have become my favorite part of the hobby...you get a great feeling seeing how grateful the person is to see their ring that they thought was gone for good.

zigzag

Sep 17, 2011
ft laud, fl
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, 2 xcal II 1000's, 1 has OBN's remote PP & peltor HP's, 2 aquasounds, dual field, sunspot 920i hybrid, 720i, 3 rtg scoops, Howie scoop
Primary Interest:
Great return Pull Tabs. You made their day and yours too. Congrats

DirtStalker

Bronze Member
Sep 26, 2014
Upstate SC
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest: