Garabaldi Bronze Member Joined Jun 28, 2009 Messages 2,382 Reaction score 100 Golden Thread 0 Detector(s) used Whites M6, Whites Pulse Diver, ETRAC. Dec 30, 2010 #1 I have found a Mexican silver ring with patina just like this before. Do you think this is a ring and if so is it silver? Attachments 022.webp 16.9 KB · Views: 258 019.webp 30.6 KB · Views: 259 020.webp 17.6 KB · Views: 253 021.webp 22.1 KB · Views: 249 022.webp 16.9 KB · Views: 260
I have found a Mexican silver ring with patina just like this before. Do you think this is a ring and if so is it silver?
Garabaldi Bronze Member Joined Jun 28, 2009 Messages 2,382 Reaction score 100 Golden Thread 0 Detector(s) used Whites M6, Whites Pulse Diver, ETRAC. Dec 30, 2010 Thread Owner #2 I am including an image of a silver ring I found at the same site. They look like the same material. The ring I found today does not have any mint marks inside. Attachments 033.webp 27.7 KB · Views: 243 034.webp 15.9 KB · Views: 244 035.webp 23.3 KB · Views: 238 Upvote 0
I am including an image of a silver ring I found at the same site. They look like the same material. The ring I found today does not have any mint marks inside.
Tuberale Gold Member Joined May 12, 2010 Messages 5,780 Reaction score 3,460 Golden Thread 0 Location Portland, Oregon Detector(s) used White's Coinmaster Pro Dec 30, 2010 #3 Some Mexican silver is not 90%, so your ring is a possible. I'm not expert enough to be certain. Your other ring is definately sterling silver, thus the marking 925 (= .925 fine, or 92.5% silver). Upvote 0
Some Mexican silver is not 90%, so your ring is a possible. I'm not expert enough to be certain. Your other ring is definately sterling silver, thus the marking 925 (= .925 fine, or 92.5% silver).
Tony in SC Gold Member Joined Jun 8, 2006 Messages 6,428 Reaction score 9,296 Golden Thread 0 Location Upstate South Carolina Detector(s) used Whites, Minelab, Tesoro, and custom machines Primary Interest: Metal Detecting Dec 31, 2010 #4 I would say it's a ring, and could be silver or silver plate. The green is where it was brazed together. Tony Upvote 0
I would say it's a ring, and could be silver or silver plate. The green is where it was brazed together. Tony