SusanMN

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2007
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark, Xterra 705, Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
After finding the 1910 Canadian 5 cent piece a week or so ago, I continued on my shoreline hunt this week. Usually I hunt with barely any discrimination but the pull tabs are so plentiful, I set the Tiger Shark discrimination way up to the point where it would discriminate out most pulltabs but would still sound on large gold and of course coins. It worked out great, although some older pull tabs still sounded and got dug. With the TS I could easily separate out the sound of a coin even when it was sitting next to a pulltab.

Got my first hit and the copper ring, as soon as I first set my detector down to start swinging. That's the way to start a hunt off! I didn't look nearly this pretty when I found it. Required an overnight in lemon juice and a buffing with the Dremel. The second ring came out black like silver always does but was a breeze to clean up so I don't think it had been there long, at least not years.

Don't know exactly where I found the 1892 Barber dime since I threw all the coins, which are covered in a mud and clay goo when found, in my garbage bag and then rinsed and sorted them out when I got home. But its my first Barber and and old one at that.

The other coin like objects are a 1991 Mardi Gra token and a President Polk commemorative token. I also got five wheaties and about twenty pieces of clad.

Not shown are two items that are still soaking in olive oil. A mystery coin or token, slightly smaller than a nickel but definitely made of copper. Its so corroded I can't make out either side. And, the prize of the hunt a slightly smashed "NAPOLEON FLOUR" thimble. Can't tell if its silver or aluminum but I'd say it dates from the early 1900's.

I'll be heading back out tomorrow to see what else I can find.

Attachments

• Finds.jpg
    Finds.jpg
    27.7 KB · Views: 440
  • Barber.jpg
    Barber.jpg
    22.6 KB · Views: 429
Upvote 0

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on that first Barber!!! :thumbsup: You had a great hunt! Lots of keepers there! Let us know what the mystery coin/token turns out to be.

Nana :)

mikewaz

Bronze Member
May 9, 2008
Chicago
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266 X Fisher F75
Nice finds there Suzy!! :thumbsup:
Looking forward to the update on the mystery coin.
Mike

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions