River Hunt Finds

jewelseeker

Oct 19, 2012
Indianapolis, IN
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro and ACE 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I live by a park that borders a river. The park used to be an amusement park in the early 1900s. I have hunted the river bank and shallow water probably a hundred times over the last three years. As the water levels drop and boat wakes change the river bottom, I go back and see what I can find. The photo is from 3 recent short hunts. Found an 1800s indian, a couple V nickels, a couple buffs, ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1442160421.402686.jpg a couple wheat cents, an interesting little brass flag, a stamped tag (one of about 40-50 that I have found) and an interesting piece of pottery. I also love the old cuff links. I have previously found a couple Indian points here as well. Nothing of any real value but fun things to find.

Upvote 10

bobby5

Jun 19, 2012
TEXAS
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600, AT Pro, Garrett Propointer, Garrett Carrot, Several Older Garrett Detectors and a Bounty Hunter.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Those are Great Finds, I would take a day like that anytime.

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
some neat old stuff with cool patina, good hunting!

Randyg12

Aug 6, 2014
Northridge, Ca
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, CTX 3030, and E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That would be a killer day for just about anyone! :occasion14: Nice handful of oldies! :thumbsup:

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Looks like you have a very nice hunting grounds. Congrats on those keepers and the 3 recent hunts.:occasion14:

EC.Mason

Feb 6, 2009
West Liberty Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice finds. My buddy keeps after me to try river hunting with him but I never put much faith in it (though I have never tried it). However looking at some of the things you guys are pulling out Im starting to become a believer. Awesome days finds man!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread