river rock

OP
OP
desertmoons

desertmoons

Bronze Member
Apr 16, 2008
Hmm we seem to have moved off topic again.

Happy fathers day to all. I've met some really good dads in this hobby and it is not always an easy job given the material you have to work with sometimes.
Keep up the good work!

Attachments

• tongue_overload.jpg
    tongue_overload.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 544
  • SCIENCEFAIR.jpg
    SCIENCEFAIR.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 544

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandido II and DeLeon. also a Detector Pro Headhunter Diver, and a Garrett BFO called The Hunter & a Garrett Ace 250.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's a little girl after my own heart................ZAPP!!!!

poorfarm

Feb 13, 2011
hey moons when u go back let me know if those are marks. dont want to be called a graffity marker for asking a question. and the rock map i found was laying on the edge of creek in water there was no sign of water erosion there in that spot flat ground . the erosion at my spot was on the curves of stream

S

Smee

rangler said:
it helps no one and confuses most.

I see you have lost your way as well Blind Mike
You know man, it is so disconcerting to see you go the way of the graffiti-ites
I marked some awesome alpha monuments as well as an omega or two ,for all to
learn from , plain as day, simple as the nose on your face.... instead of complaining, try
to spend some time to learn what is laid out for you as simple as it can be...if you cant grasp it, and or it is beyond your intellect, then don't disparage the data I bring everyone, from my own empirical data, [personal experience]. The burden of proof is on you, the truth of the fact is I have broken the code, and I am teaching it to those that are interested, if your not interested, then move on and don't comment any further ...[unless you can add something positive to the body of knowledge we are trying to accumulate....or Start your own thead, and let us take pop shots at your data...hmmm...

to the true trackers and newbies...who might be confused about this graffiti thing..

please try to understand, graffiti is easy , because it is the matrix in this nature
of our physics. The jesuits used that , as camo...they understood it..used it to their
advantage, it will get you lost in a fast second.

The real code is right there in front of you, however the codemakers tweaked these
images, to be hidden in plain site, it is a focus, issue.,.they are hidden from all who
used normal focus that you have been using since you were small...this is an optical
illusion type hidden in plain view. Is a different type of focus that is used to see graffiti...
[my last hard bitten attempt to explain the obvious truth once your focus changes.]

follow your children's focus, they see them immediately..and will point them out to you..and they dont point out graffiti, which makes it much more amazing.

so Blind Mike, I hope we can save you from the price of pareidolia.
go back and look over some of the pics I marked , you will see the real signs circled and the graffiti ignored!
rangler
ps: I know it is a lost cause, but I just dont like losing another victim to pareidolia paralysis!

Rangler, there are ways to have pússyfooted around the subject, but I enjoyed your comments . . . myself having been a victim of seeing things that really weren't there.

Folks, on a different tack than Rangler, you really need to remember that digital pictures have what are called "aspecting". When the picture is taken with a digital camera, or scanned into the computer, some data is always corrupted --- unlike old style photography. Also, each edit increases that aspecting . . . especially in JPG files. How is that and how does it affect what you see?

Quite simply, the digitizing process "makes its best guess" of some items that are too small to accurately record. It makes its "best guess" in relation to colors, contrast, and hue. That's what you get.

Those "aspects" sometimes resemble letters, numbers, or other items we are familiar with. As said before, pareidolia.

Our brains insist on making order out of everything we see, thus it "fills in" what it believes should be there.

My two cents worth.

OP
OP
desertmoons

desertmoons

Bronze Member
Apr 16, 2008
BlindinTexas,

You are so right in that I for one notice and mark lot of stuff. If they play out, if they turn into a trail well a person has learned something and if not they have learned something too. I sure do a lot of learning, even though I am not in school anymore. hehe.

Smee, thanks. I had noticed degradation in saving or cropping pictures but did not know what it was or called. You've enlightened me. Wish there was a way to prevent that.

Poorfarm, TD

Finally got a chance to look through things..here are some only slightly better pictures.

Poorfarm, you have to have a thick skin and open mind around here. Rest assured though, there are many "real" signs around of a traditional sort, that are not shown.

That is one reason I just busted out laughing when I came upon the river rocks. The universe was having fun with me again. hehehe. It still makes me smile..whether they are placed or not, I find it quite humorous to be faced with such a scenario where logic bumps up against....something. For me, when i started out I was a bit worried about seeming foolish. Who cares. In the end it is you, the rocks, the lovely day and beauty you see, being close to the guy in the sky, and the fun of figuring out the puzzles and the undocumented history. Oh yes, besides those wonderful rewards, there might even be something left at the end of the trail. As old dog has said, the journey is the treasure ...for me that is true. Anything else is just the cherry on the sundae. Don't let others suck the joy out of it for you.

That's not to say that I am not listening and studying and pondering oh so diligently the advice or the posts of a few kind reputable people in the hobby. They are my betters and I know that well. Thanks!

Closeup1
waterlevelcloseup1.jpg
Closeup 2

waterlevelclosup2.jpg

Here is the thing TD pointed out.

waterlevelcloseup3.jpg

Interesting...

rangler

Bronze Member
Jul 12, 2004
The Land Of The Free Because Of The Brave!
Detector(s) used
for solutions to the jesuit code -email pics to: [email protected]

;[email protected] locations needed! oro bro!
Primary Interest:
Other
smee,
Folks, on a different tack than Rangler, you really need to remember that digital pictures have what are called "aspecting". When the picture is taken with a digital camera, or scanned into the computer, some data is always corrupted --- unlike old style photography. Also, each edit increases that aspecting . . . especially in JPG files. How is that and how does it affect what you see?
yes smee, very good observation, a case of electronic pareidolia in a sense.

Confirmation is the key, always has been...the codemakers had to have a saving grace...they buried the codes deep in the back ground camo, all kinds of graffiti could be thought of as a real sign, but it is not, what seperates it is the context and confirmation of the other signs...

The real reason that these signs are found at all is that the very act of photographing them "compresses" the image, I have the idea, that the codemakers used this idea of compression to hide the signs in another realm... by making the signs..loosely compressed..ie vague, they could hide it from the naked eye...they however used various lens and telescopes...and mirrors...high tech tools of the time...when the signs were carved in an uncompressed style, the sign is all but invisible, but when viewed thru a telescope or magnifying lens, the images is compressed and is made visible to the eye!

the codemakers had no way of knowing,that centuries later that cameras and computers would come along and inadvertently 'compress' these images- and make them visible to our eye...
the proof of course is that most signs are found AFTER they have been photographed and downloaded to our computers.

So while we have physics working against us[pareidololia] uncompressed images cut into stone...and the electronic 'aspecting' hiding or throwing us off on our pics...however, the power of confirmation is the saving grace...built in and in my two and half decades of the search, the confirmation has kept me on the correct path..which lead to the decoding of the monuments...

Shortie, my ill informed friend ...someone sent me your comment..

In other words; rangler's opinion is no better or worse, than anyone else's.

incorrect again Bill, it is so sad that even when confronted with the exact solutions to the monument encoding, you refuse to learn, to step out of your armchair role, and step in to the world of solutions not disparaging remarks and sniping those that do know the answers to the code....such a shame really but that is on you..you have the choice to understand, and learn , or continue to mark graffiti crap and hassle the ones who know...silly really and very very sad. I thought that those with half a brain, could grasp the solutions but I see I am wrong.

springfield....et al ....The proof of this is in the mark up them selves, simple solutions only require simple mark ups with all the confirmation marks followed...learn these and you will see the code for what it is..simple deduction, plain lines, drawn using the anchored points, going thru the symbols, pointing out the distance and direction
if you cant see the proof that is marked on all the monuments that I have marked so far, then you need to go over them one at a time, ask any questions, ponder the evidence, and if you still cant see the solutions, I suggest you find a different hobby, as this one is beyond you. Perhaps you join the graffiti - ites as they find graffiti in every rock and boulder on the planet, even in creek beds...yea that same creek that you once found yourself up - without a paddle!
hopes this helps saves a few of you.
rangler
lion-1-02.png

OP
OP
desertmoons

desertmoons

Bronze Member
Apr 16, 2008
Hehe poor..made me smile.

Those pics in one way are indefinite. I mean there are some possibilities there, but they have to be confirmed of course. Do they lead to another marker is the question.

These are water level...there is more above them. However they do confirm one idea I had on a certain sign. Which is nice. So, so far so good.

Pala Y Pico

Jan 18, 2011
Colorado and New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Some of my thoughts, since we are already off topic,...

OK, some rocks will be moved by water runoff, animals, big foot?.

If I am to believe the Spanish/Jesuit`s were smart, and some very educated. Would they have not adjusted for the conditions. If the Spanish were redundant with their signs knowing some would be lost, then let`t look at whats left.

If we apply all the negative "If`s" to any site to prove nothing is there, because of lack of belief or whatever, are we not already in need of a different Hobby.

If I do not mark and post, because I might be labeled a cloud reader. Does that not impede my progress.

If there are no stupid questions, only the one`s not asked. Is marking a picture honestly and to the best of your present ability stupid. Should We/I stop marking pictures.

A Picture was posted by desertmoons, a opportunity arose for those that naturally wander off topic. I guess I am contributing to the "Off Topic Hobby" right now.

I have not figured out Marks/Signs enough, but how a man treats his fellow man/woman shows me enough, about the character of a person.

As the story I am about to relate to you below, a person can choose to play either part, of the two guys in the story to their personal benefit.

This is not my story but it does have a point to it. Which character are you playing?
Empirical data...?

"A man see`s a woman on the train tracks. The woman is about to get hit by the train. To save her the man pushes her off the tracks just in time to save her life.
Two guys are watching and clearly see what happened.
The two guys go into town and proceed to tell what they saw.
The first guy tell how a good Samaritan saved a woman from being killed by the train.
The second guy tells of how completely disappointed he is to watch a man push a woman around."

With more patience the necessary, let`s look at the rocks.

rangler

Bronze Member
Jul 12, 2004
The Land Of The Free Because Of The Brave!
Detector(s) used
for solutions to the jesuit code -email pics to: [email protected]

;[email protected] locations needed! oro bro!
Primary Interest:
Other
senor
If I am to believe the Spanish/Jesuit`s were smart, and some very educated. Would they have not adjusted for the conditions. If the Spanish were redundant with their signs knowing some would be lost, then let`s look at whats left.

the truth of the matter is NO jesuit or spainard in his right mind would go against the strict rules of the King and risk his life to place markers of ANY kind in a live stream bed or a dry one for that matter, it is foolhardy on its face....please understand, this was not a group of 'adventurers' drinking tequila and chasing native puta who partied too hard one night and left markers in the steambed because it was cooler in the water and the cool water help cure the hangover..this is not the scenario ~!

you can leave gender out of this, has nothing to do with it either way...The problem is that graffiti markers and cloud readers go to any length to prove romantic ideas of treasure signs and markers instead of cold hard facts...

you should have no fear of marking and posting anything you want,
I or no one I know would disparage you in that attempt...it is the confirmed cloud readers who are the bane of the forum, confusing people inadvertently and some definitely on purpose, we have to be on guard against the degradation of sign reading, when the uniformed or unlearned post massive amount of graffiti...AND when told - continue to do so...or when they know you should just circle most signs and not hide the real marks and draw some critter in paint, trying to prove a point that is not provable
...and the current poster who once stated..." I dont care if the signs are real or not...they lead me to the same place!"

so really, posting pics of rocks in a stream bed forgets the rules that the King laid down..why would that be... because of not having learned how to confirm marks and to know instantly what is graffiti and what is real signs.

"If we apply all the negative "If`s" to any site to prove nothing is there, because of lack of belief or whatever, are we not already in need of a different Hobby."

I see your logic but that is not the case here...the point is to prove there is something there with confirmation marks and keeping the Rules of the King in mind...it saves a lot of grief in the long run and we keep the graffiti to a minimum.

"If I do not mark and post, because I might be labeled a cloud reader. Does that not impede my progress."

see the damage that can be done, because of graffiti? It is very simple - just label, post and let the members here who can, tell you what you have.

"If there are no stupid questions, only the one`s not asked. Is marking a picture honestly and to the best of your present ability stupid. Should We/I stop marking pictures."

no at all, going overboard will not help...you are not the problem, cloud readers are the problem...we all know you appear reasonable, cool headed and earnest...the making of a good tracker, you just need some experience, some research and some time to know the difference between graffiti and real signs. And that is easy when you have so many example to learn from...
and posting what you found will help..if you dont want to take the chance, just post the pics...all of us who can will mark it for you so you can learn,, that is why I post all the pics I mark, otherwise, I could just email them back to their owners..comprende?
rangler
ps to all trackers, please study the monuments I have marked as they will not be online forever. this is a pivotal time, published markings on the breaking of code are rare, respect that and take advantage while you can.

solomons seal old  print.jpeg

treasurechest

Mar 27, 2011
Hemet, California
Detector(s) used
I don't own one YET.
Old Dog said:
Pretty magnificent if you ask me.

Thanks for the picture.
notice the square cut out, that is a sign they left in all sorts of sizes all over.
maybe a signature ... who knows
I think they are cool though, and where ever these things are,
you will find the Spanish following.
The Spanish left their signs in the lower part of the canyons.
The most prominent places were along the streams and small water courses that wind through the bottoms.

I found this in Basic signs and symbols you have found.

Pala Y Pico

Jan 18, 2011
Colorado and New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
rangler, although my thought were not specifically addressed to you. Your answer..., Fair enough.

I had drawn a line to where I thought eagle was looking. But the rock(upside down anvil) is not firmly attached, as is the previous rock on same line.

If the Spanish were redundant with their SS, what is being redundant with the Spanish, in the treasure hunting scenario?

If "5 M" Matthew 5 "An seeing the multitudes He went up into a mountain. You are being lead to higher ground.

These marks are clouds untill proven otherwise.

Attachments

• waterlevelcloseup3[1].jpg
    waterlevelcloseup3[1].jpg
    83.4 KB · Views: 423
  • waterlevelcloseup1[1].jpg
    waterlevelcloseup1[1].jpg
    76.1 KB · Views: 432

oddrock

Apr 7, 2010
Detector(s) used
Garrett , Minelab ,White's, others and B.S. sniffer
Moons

I have found carved, or marked rocks that were "dumped" by someone,,,,sometime...so that may be what you have in this case.

Oddrock

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandido II and DeLeon. also a Detector Pro Headhunter Diver, and a Garrett BFO called The Hunter & a Garrett Ace 250.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
oddrock said:
Moons

I have found carved, or marked rocks that were "dumped" by someone,,,,sometime...so that may be what you have in this case.

Oddrock

That's an excellent point, Oddrock. The county and state folks in most states are known to bring in rip-rap and dump it onto the banks of creeks, rivers, and normally dry ravines as attempts to hold down on soil erosion. Irregularly shaped pieces of limestone are favorites in many areas and these of Desertmoons photo fame have the appearance of limestone.

I wonder if there are any limestone quarries in the area.

OP
OP
desertmoons

desertmoons

Bronze Member
Apr 16, 2008
Thank you pala, ss, oddrock, treasure chest. I am one tired lady today. But wow, there are some good swimming holes in that river.
You know, there ended up being lots of fun to be had in and near the water here. A good thing as had a bit of knee trouble which made things really interesting, scrambling about. I just thought about those poor Indians and that helped.

After examining the area I believe you are correct oddrock, they must have fallen from above and it is happenstance that they landed they way they did. But let you all be the judge.

That is the best explanation of how these markers ended up where they did, imho. The lesson for me, is, if you think it looks like a marker it likely is, despite it being out of place.

I appreciate the comments short or long, and time you all took on this.

Pala, you and TD are also correct, well to my inexperienced eye you are. There is a lot here I do not know the meaning of. I see some signs, other possibilities but do not know the meaning. I am happy because I see some signs here for the third time in my limited experience, which make it a real sign for me. Now to just figure out the meaning.

See what you think.

TD, I had to smile and think of you when I saw the gold rock. Hope you can see it!

"I will lift up mine eyes unto the hills, from whence cometh my help." is getting to be one of my favorite verses.

Here is a bit more of the context.
midlevelcloseup2.jpg

A closer look at the upper part.
midlevelcloseup1.jpg

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Moons:
I have no doubt that you've seen this already, but how about that black dove, shield, and man's face staring at a wall of symbols?
Seeing how vastly fractured all of this rock strata is, any signs will, by necessity, be rather small. (I think, LOL)

midlevelcloseup1-marked Merged.jpg

tesoro dog

May 31, 2007
Dm!

I think I found the gold stone, inside red circle, Right? The only thing is,, the other stuff I see is not right around the possible entry. DECOY?? I will keep looking for confirmation signs! " You maybe right, I may be crazy "! td

"Symbols Rule the World. Not Words Nor Laws" Confucius

Attachments

• midlevelcloseup11.JPG
    midlevelcloseup11.JPG
    89 KB · Views: 378
OP
OP
desertmoons

desertmoons

Bronze Member
Apr 16, 2008
SS, I noticed that info wall too.. Here is a closer picture. I have been looking around for a rock map or two of sorts. I expect to find some..not sure why. Perhaps just the nature of the site.

With so many natural fractures it is an endeavor to find the modified ones. The info wall to me looks like a turtle, and at first I thought some clues on its shell. Looking at it closer,my guess would be no. However I do want to get a closer look at the turtle head.

The dove, which I thought of as the Raven of Death, puzzles me in that it is facing an unexpected direction,yet the large bird head it is part of, think cardinal..looks the same way. Yes and it is a face too.

Yep i name my markers and sites sometimes, Canyon of the Ancients, Hill of Doom, The Golden Land, The Trail of Sisyphus, The Pool of Resolution. And why not? We are adventurers and explorers of the modern day in our own way.

I'm not sure the skull is a skull in that pic by the way

Thank you SS, always appreciate your point of view.

midlevelturtle1.jpg
TD,mi flor de guisante pequeña, :wink:

Yes that was the rock I was meaning. The owl on the right, I did not see nor the other owl. But the owl on the right, I suspect that what is below it are concrete signs. Here is a closer pic. I do not like this either. For one, you may notice someone may have been here. The squarish rock with the eyes in the gully, below the "door of death" place on the wall. The rock laying on it may have been flipped over. Thats a good size rock. I've seen other possible evidence too. But still it is a treasure in that it is a great learning experience and I feel I've been very lucky to track it down.

Additionally, it all seems too awfully obvious. There might be letters or numbers above the door of death though. And another skull on that taller wall rock toward left middle back.

midleveldog.jpg

Well thanks.

One other thought

I was quite discouraged from posting ever again in this forum due to the poor behavior of one person. I know for a fact, others have felt the same way.

Hmm. I will say this, every Holy Crusade needs an enemy. If infidels are not available, they will be manufactured. The crusaders must be kept distracted from ever asking the who, what or whys of the crusade. It works well, as many people like simplicity. Us vs them has been an effective propaganda technique throughout history.

Just a thought and have fun!

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Moons:
Could this large etching be part of your map? It has been enlarged and widened by hand not nature. You can see how the upper end is tapered into itself. Rain wouldn't have "V"ed out the line work.
That shadow structure in the circle looks like it could be different things at different times. In your pic, it looks a little like an eagle beak.......or a big nosed man. LOL

midlevelturtle1-desertmoons-marked.jpg

OP
OP
desertmoons

desertmoons

Bronze Member
Apr 16, 2008
SS, the black streak in between your marks is what had my attention. In person it looks to me to be artificial, not quite a rock scuff and not like other rock streak emergences nearby. I used that as a directional, looking up and down to see what could be seen. Looking up was beneficial.

Here is another out of place rock.

Attachments

• riverrockA2.jpg
    riverrockA2.jpg
    148.6 KB · Views: 302

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread