What's new

Road Trip 1/22/08

Rich Hartford

Silver Member
Joined
Nov 27, 2008
Messages
4,291
Reaction score
5
Golden Thread
0
Covered over 100 miles today on a well planned road trip with plenty of banks in new territory. Only able to pick up one roll of clad and eleven loose clad.
It was so bad I would have been happy to pickup someone's dump.
Not to be deterred I picked up three boxes of dimes which were not great either.
Two skunk boxes and
1x 1954D
1x 1964D
Those two dimes were costly though, as the boxes contained 26 new Canadian dimes and a shaved penny. Looks like some kid spent alot of time grinding that penny down on the sidewalk. If it was a wheatie it might of been one of mine.
 
Upvote 0
Owwwww Rich....Hey but you got out and saw the country side. you will hit it big next time

-Golden Silver
 
days like that really blow, last tuesday I had the same results from going to 37 banks!
 
Gotta take the good with the bad, to bad there always seems to be more bad! :-\
 
It seems like it is getting harder to have a successful road trip, although there are some still pulling in a lot of silver.
 
Hey, At least you are traveling.
I am almost going to be skunked at the bank I work for.
I ordered a box and I am through $200 out of the $500 and it smells like skunk.

Still I have $300 to go but I have this feeling the it will be skunk the way the rolls look.

Darth Walker
 
Next time call ahead to a few of the banks and confirm they have some halves. This will increase the odds. This will also give them time to prepare for your visit. When I come in I say I called about the halves and am there to pick them up. Seems to increase my success on the road and they are less likely to give you the quick brush off.

Maine_Jim
 
Thanks for the advice. I will call the banks in advance. Sounds like a good idea
 
Yeah maine_jim is right. I do it this way and have much more success on the road. You can even ask in advance if they have any large dollar coins. I always end up with Ikes but you never know.

-golden silver
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom