Fropa
Hero Member
- Joined
- Feb 27, 2007
- Messages
- 511
- Reaction score
- 29
- Golden Thread
- 0
- Location
- SW Wisconsin
- Detector(s) used
- Whites XLT
Thursday is my weekly box day. I've been averaging about 1 silver for every 8 boxes so I'm not as excited about them as I used to be. I picked-up my box and headed out to check a few banks.
Bank 1 had 2 halves, no silver.
Bank 2 had $200 in bank rolled halves and $8 in the trays. I asked about the counting machine bag and it had $640 in it. She said it had to be a full $1,000 before they could take it out and it hadn't been emptied in a long time. I asked if I could cash in some halves to fill it and buy the bag. The head teller came up and said they had to send the bag to the main branch to be checked and rolled so they couldn't let me have it even when it was full. Nothing in the loose halves but the rolls produced 1 dateless Walking Liberty, 2x67, 1x69-D, 2x04-P, 1x04-D, and 1x06-P. I really want the bag but rules are rules.
Third bank had $1 in the trays and $295 in the counting machine. They let me buy the bag. No silver and over $200 in bicentennials. Someone finally decided they weren't worth saving anymore. I did find 1 elongated cent from the Milwaukee Zoo.
Last bank had $1 no silver.
Now for the box. It started out about normal with 1 68-D about half way through the box. Down to the last 3 rolls and still no more silver. I opened the next roll and saw 3 silver edges and 1 black edge. had 2x64, 1x66, and 1x67. Next roll had 1 more 64. My best box in a very long time.
Total silver for the day: 1 Walking Liberty, 3x64, 1x66, 3x67, 1x68-D, and 1x69-D.
Bank 1 had 2 halves, no silver.
Bank 2 had $200 in bank rolled halves and $8 in the trays. I asked about the counting machine bag and it had $640 in it. She said it had to be a full $1,000 before they could take it out and it hadn't been emptied in a long time. I asked if I could cash in some halves to fill it and buy the bag. The head teller came up and said they had to send the bag to the main branch to be checked and rolled so they couldn't let me have it even when it was full. Nothing in the loose halves but the rolls produced 1 dateless Walking Liberty, 2x67, 1x69-D, 2x04-P, 1x04-D, and 1x06-P. I really want the bag but rules are rules.
Third bank had $1 in the trays and $295 in the counting machine. They let me buy the bag. No silver and over $200 in bicentennials. Someone finally decided they weren't worth saving anymore. I did find 1 elongated cent from the Milwaukee Zoo.
Last bank had $1 no silver.
Now for the box. It started out about normal with 1 68-D about half way through the box. Down to the last 3 rolls and still no more silver. I opened the next roll and saw 3 silver edges and 1 black edge. had 2x64, 1x66, and 1x67. Next roll had 1 more 64. My best box in a very long time.
Total silver for the day: 1 Walking Liberty, 3x64, 1x66, 3x67, 1x68-D, and 1x69-D.
Upvote
0









