What's new

Road trip BONANZA: TRIP #2

golden silver

Silver Member
Joined
Oct 22, 2007
Messages
2,771
Reaction score
121
Golden Thread
0
Location
Hampton Roads, VA.
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter sharp shooter 2, minelab sovereign xs 2a pro
This trip took me out southwest a bit to the mountains. It was a beautiful trip. I should have taken more pictures of the scenery but I did take one of a stream I came across while stopping at a mountain bank. I found a good bit of silver although not as much as I had hoped. No complaints here though. I was feeling as if the trip would not amount to much as the day was coming to a close but once again one of the last banks came through. It only takes one good stop with a few good roles to make your day worth it. I had bought 780 dollars in halves from this one bank. And as I looked through the top layer of rolls....nothing. I was thinking another skunk great. But the bottom rolls were wrapped in a different type of roll and each roll was filled with 10 or 12 brilliant 40%ers. This is where the majority of the 40%ers came from. It had to have been someones small collection because these things did not have a smudge on them. The other 40's and 90%ers came from different banks along my route. One 42 walker came from a teller tray. She was like "This one is real silver" I was like yeah? Great!! That banks rolls also produced one of the bens. All in all a great trip with over 127 keepers not including the Ikes. Here are some pics for you guys. The last coin was not a find but a purchase. I thought I would add it becuase it is a cool coin that some of you might not have seen. It is a british trade silver dollar from 1909.

(2) walkers 1942d and s
(2) Bens 1963d, 1954d
(5) kens 4p, 1d

(9) 1965
(15) 1966
(44) 1967
(32) 1968
(18) 1969

3 non silver clads s mint: 1996s,1993s, 2002s
3 Ike dollars

127 keepers total.

Golden Silver
 

Attachments

  • coin1.webp
    coin1.webp
    95.7 KB · Views: 518
  • coin2.webp
    coin2.webp
    23.4 KB · Views: 502
  • coin3.webp
    coin3.webp
    28.8 KB · Views: 514
  • coin4.webp
    coin4.webp
    26.5 KB · Views: 524
  • coin5.webp
    coin5.webp
    32.2 KB · Views: 519
  • coin6.webp
    coin6.webp
    34.4 KB · Views: 518
  • coin7.webp
    coin7.webp
    16.4 KB · Views: 527
  • coin8.webp
    coin8.webp
    16.4 KB · Views: 530
  • coin9.webp
    coin9.webp
    26.7 KB · Views: 517
  • coin10.webp
    coin10.webp
    18.4 KB · Views: 521
Upvote 0
Super pics as well as totals damn GS looks like you hit another mini vein ...it does only take a few good rolls to add up ..nice story and love that British trade dollar cool looking coin, kudos on another awesome score :thumbsup: , Ed
 
VERY VERY NICE TOTALS!!!!!!!! LOVE THE SILVER!!!!!!!
 
Very nice road trip with some nice totals, wtg :thumbsup:
 
Great trip and great pix!!! Man I have to go and find some banks that take customer rolls!!!!! :icon_pirat:
 
Tf they are out there you just have to go and look for em. Good luck. Thanks for looking guys.

Golden Silver
 
Great foreign finds... I found the Turkish lira very interesting, don't see much of them... Although it is fairly new (1987?) it has been out of circulation for several years... Turkey changes the designs (size, shape, weight) every couple of years so they are very hard to keep track off...One of the hardest type sets to complete... This one is not very valuable, but keep an eye on them... I have no clue why but most of the Turkish lira I have seen around are commemorative ones - some silver - . As far as Turkish clad anything before 1940s (early republic, late Ottaman) are valuable...
 
The 1909 trade dollar is awesome! I've never found one of those yet. Good work on all that silver!

cmhoose
 
So you just hit all the banks you go by on your road trip and talk to the tellers? You must be a silver tounged devil. How do you do it?
 
It is just that...I have a silver serpent toungue.

Golden Silver
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom