What's new

Road trip down south

bobr

Full Member
Joined
May 17, 2006
Messages
141
Reaction score
1
Golden Thread
0
Location
Iowa
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Well, I leave tomorrow for over a week on the road to Missouri and Arkansas. I plan to stop at banks along the way and check for halves. My wife doesn't know about that part. She thinks we're going south to see some shows and hunt diamonds. The drive will take longer than she expects. Any thoughts about how much cash to take?
 
Upvote 0
bobr said:
Any thoughts about how much cash to take?

I would take 500-800 and do some good research on banks in each town you plan to stop. http://www.usabancshares.com/ This site will help a lot on finding banks. When you run low deposit the rejects at branch you have an account with and go out to the ATM and start over.

I would also bring several hundred extra to appese the wife. She is not going to like surprises on a long hot drive. ;D

I hope she already knows you CRH.

She might be a good sport, you already mentioned you both will hunt diamonds. So she already likes to treasure hunt.
 
She knows I CRH and it's ok with her. She's got no interest in doing it, but I'm free to pursue it as long as I don't go overboard.
 
Hey bobr, Let us know how the diamond hunting goes. I've thought about heading out to that place myself. Gpurs...
 
I would take $2 - 3K and have an ATM or 2. Sometimes you spend more than you realize and may run into a honey hole!
Good luck. Buy $100 at each stop, check the rolls and go back to buy the vault if you find anything. That way you won't get stuck with $1000 of dumps.
 
TXTim said:
I would take $2 - 3K and have an ATM or 2. Sometimes you spend more than you realize and may run into a honey hole!
Good luck. Buy $100 at each stop, check the rolls and go back to buy the vault if you find anything. That way you won't get stuck with $1000 of dumps.

True, but how many times have you read on here. "Bought $XXX worth in half dollar rolls from the vault and got 15 silvers and all were in 1 roll."? Just because most the halves are dumps, doesn't mean all are, or if you buy them all you have a better chance of buying that roll that the teller was holding for themselves but didn't tell the other tellers. I say buy em all no matter what if you can afford them.
 
GMan00001 said:
TXTim said:
I would take $2 - 3K and have an ATM or 2. Sometimes you spend more than you realize and may run into a honey hole!
Good luck. Buy $100 at each stop, check the rolls and go back to buy the vault if you find anything. That way you won't get stuck with $1000 of dumps.

True, but how many times have you read on here. "Bought $XXX worth in half dollar rolls from the vault and got 15 silvers and all were in 1 roll."? Just because most the halves are dumps, doesn't mean all are, or if you buy them all you have a better chance of buying that roll that the teller was holding for themselves but didn't tell the other tellers. I say buy em all no matter what if you can afford them.

I'd rather miss one roll of silver than not have the ability to buy any at all down the road...
You can always go back - make a note for the return trip.
 
TXTim said:
GMan00001 said:
TXTim said:
I would take $2 - 3K and have an ATM or 2. Sometimes you spend more than you realize and may run into a honey hole!
Good luck. Buy $100 at each stop, check the rolls and go back to buy the vault if you find anything. That way you won't get stuck with $1000 of dumps.

True, but how many times have you read on here. "Bought $XXX worth in half dollar rolls from the vault and got 15 silvers and all were in 1 roll."? Just because most the halves are dumps, doesn't mean all are, or if you buy them all you have a better chance of buying that roll that the teller was holding for themselves but didn't tell the other tellers. I say buy em all no matter what if you can afford them.

I'd rather miss one roll of silver than not have the ability to buy any at all down the road...
You can always go back - make a note for the return trip.

Depends on how far from home you are, and where if have a dump bank nearby.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom