Road Trip

Ryan1979

Mar 8, 2007
St. Paul, MN
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, ACE250
Yesterday I drove to my brother's place in Wisconsin and decided to hit the banks up on the way down. I stopped at a total of 5 banks and picked up about $300 in loose halves. One teller even went through $55 worth for me and pulled out the one silver half. I got about (11) keepers total all in the '65-'70 range. I have yet to get a '64. One bank had $60 in halves, but they were locked in the vault, so they said to call a day ahead the next time I'm down and they'll get them out for me. The country people are so much nicer than these people around my metro area. No complaining, etc. I'm going to hit up the last banks I missed next week when I'm down there again. There's about 15 that I should be able to hit up in a day if I keep moving.

Upvote 0

Silver_Fox

Bronze Member
May 16, 2007
Good 'Ol USA /
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250 of course
Ryan1979 said:
There's about 15 that I should be able to hit up in a day if I keep moving.
Road trips are fun. If you can hit 15 maybe you will have the odds of finding a '64.

Sheldius

Mar 15, 2007
Bronx, NY
Detector(s) used
Garrett Master Hunter CX Plus, Minelab E-trac, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on the finds.

Just a matter of time on the 1964's. They are common enough you should find them. Pre-1964's might be a bit harder, but they are still out there. All about how many 1000's of halves you go through in a month or year.

Good luck and HH.

TxTim

Silver Member
Jan 14, 2007
Texas
Detector(s) used
DFX & SE
Good!
Be sure to ask about the vaults and make sure every teller gets asked what they have in their drawer- even the drive thru drawer!
Good luck on the return trip.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread