What's new

Ill take a shot of Walker with my Ben and Kennies.

Sheldius

Hero Member
Joined
Mar 15, 2007
Messages
751
Reaction score
6
Golden Thread
0
Location
Bronx, NY
Detector(s) used
Garrett Master Hunter CX Plus, Minelab E-trac, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'll take a shot of Walker with my Ben and Kennies.

Well, do you want the good news or the bad first?

OK, the bad. Picked up my two boxes (finally, two straight weeks in a row :D ) and went through the first. Only found 3 NIFC 2002+. Real bummer. Then I had some school work to get caught up on.


OK, now the good. I found part or the rest of that collection that I broke into last week (see my A couple of Firsts post). That had 2 really shiny 1963's (might be AU :) )and one Walker. This box was just great. Saw a Walker and the Liberty Bell at the top of the rolls.

I think they are part of the same collection due to the condition of the 1963's and 1964's. Most look very new and the distribution of coin types is the same. And to think that box stayed in the Fed for a whole week only to be drawn again by my bank. Maybe it was a really big collection that got turned in! ;D However that earlier skunk box makes me worried that I'm soon to be on the other side of the roller coaster. :'(

So, the last box produced all my "good" coins.

Totals were:
9 NIFC 2002+
2 Gold plated coins
1 1976 S Proof (Clad)
15 - 40%'ers
9 - 1964
4 - 1963
1 - 1958
1 - 1944
1 - 1941
1 - 1939D
1 - 1935

Question: Is it worth trying to sell 1963's in AU for more than spot? The PCGS website says $9 in that condition, but I know how that goes.

Sorry for the blurry photo of the whole mess, but I had so many I had to play around a bit. Arrow points to the 3 NIFC's for the unmentionable box.

And enjoy the close up.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_3896.webp
    IMG_3896.webp
    52.1 KB · Views: 276
  • IMG_3898.webp
    IMG_3898.webp
    100.8 KB · Views: 260
Upvote 0
Re: I'll take a shot of Walker with my Ben and Kennies.

I must have got part of the same collection. In all I got 27 WLs and 10 BFs. some of the 63s appeared almost AU. Also 12 90s a bunch
of 40s. I finally got '70s. along with an AU 66 and some proofs.
Camera is broken on pics.
 
Re: I'll take a shot of Walker with my Ben and Kennies.

The good, the bad, and the ugly. All part of the coin hunt.

Those are some nice looking silvers, no doubt.

And it's always a pleasure to see see a Walker or Ben peeking out at you. Big congrats!
 
Re: I'll take a shot of Walker with my Ben and Kennies.

Man that's a nice field of silver.
 
Re: I'll take a shot of Walker with my Ben and Kennies.

Yep, somebody must have turned in a pretty good collection. I picked up my box yesterday and plucked out 4 of those really nice 63 Franklins, along with 12 pretty nice 64 Kennedys, and 7 average looking Walkers (36-42). I wish I coulda gotten my hands on the whole collection before it was dumped!!! I imagine that there was probably $300-$400 worth of these things sitting at some bank about a month ago just waiting to be picked up. Danggg.. Gpurs
Just imagine all of the ones getting picked out of boxes by all the people that do not post on this forum.. Oh, I forgot to mention pulling a 84 proof and a 1776-1976 proof. Did y'all see any of those??
 
Re: I'll take a shot of Walker with my Ben and Kennies.

GPURS said:
Oh, I forgot to mention pulling a 84 proof and a 1776-1976 proof. Did y'all see any of those??

Yup, that seems to fit the pattern, even down to the 1776-1976 Clad Proof. Darn, I thought I'd got the bigger piece, but congrats to my other Georgia CRH'ers. ;)

Thanks for the comments.

HH.
 
Re: I'll take a shot of Walker with my Ben and Kennies.

Congrats on the finds! The one box where I got most of those was the
one where someone at the mint opened the rolls to get the silver from
the ends. Between 20 and 25 rolls had the ends opened up and coins removed.
 
Re: I'll take a shot of Walker with my Ben and Kennies.

Nice haul!!! ;D
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom