Road Trips & Ritual Munchies

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Road Trips & Ritual Munchies

Ok, this thread is all about those favorite munchies you wouldn't dare hit the road without. As an example, my traveling partner and I "always" have a fresh 5lb box of cherry twizzlers and a box of Little Debbies oatmeal pies close at hand. I can't remember ever taking an extended road trip without these two items. Anyone else have any favorite road trip munchies they always take along?

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Road Trips & Ritual Munchies

Mine used to be Chocolate Tastykakes.

Unfortunately they went from $2.00 to $3.95
a box recently.

So until I get to check Prices at Wally'World
Or Used/Expired Boxes at the Farmers Market,
I'm on strike

I Always have a Case of air Temperature Gingerale Too

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I always have a cooler that is stocked with Fruit 02, Peach water. I also love to take the dried fruit trail mixes and peanuts along, sometimes even the granola bars chocolate chip will find their way along.. Now you have me thinking to pack some Snicker's too :icon_scratch:

Mental Granny

Gold Member
May 8, 2005
Cherokee Strip
Detector(s) used
Cibola
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Use to take fruit 2 0 but Wally world does not have it any more I got the blakberry, had it an cheese puffs and Hostess upakes, hot fries and a Hershy bar.

truckinbutch

Silver Member
Feb 15, 2008
Morgantown,WV
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Landstar

2lbs of jerked beef , a big bag of trail mix , a dozen Hershy bars , 3 large bags of bbq chips and a box
of Lance peanutbutter cheese crackers . My 2 quart coffee thermos that gets refilled at every fuel stop
and three boxes of 1 quart Ziploc bags .
That will carry me Baltimore to LA and back with room to spare .

SilverStrike82

Apr 27, 2009
Fresno, CA

It drives my b/f crazy.....I have to have something sweet and something salty! My usual pair is a bag of sunflower seeds and a package of starbursts (the flavor reds are best!) or now-n-laters. Can't leave home without it.
I do have a great suggestion.....from my apartments Las Vegas is a good 6 hours drive - one trip a friend had her bag or stick pretzels and starbursts, not a bad combo when seeds aren't sounding so good!

DanFL1962

Jan 8, 2010
Lawrence County, PA & Brevard County, Florida
Detector(s) used
AT-Pro & BHID
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting

On the road right now, 1050 mile trip - Florida to Ohio. Charleston Chew, A big box of Milk Duds mixed with a bag of fresh salted popcorn, cucumber Slices, Snyders pretzel nibblers, Smoked swiss cheese, Boar's Head mesquite turkey breast, and a case of Zephyrhills spring water. :laughing7:

OP
OP
bigscoop

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

When I travel alone:
Ritz Crackers
Smoked swiss cheese (old world)
A big roll of deer sausage (sliced and bagged)

Mental Granny

Gold Member
May 8, 2005
Cherokee Strip
Detector(s) used
Cibola
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

bigs, that sounds almost perfect except smoked cheddar! LOL!

EdleBrock

Nov 5, 2007

This is a little off tangent. I cannot go camping/hunting without packing these...kind of blech but it's tradition...I usually eat pretty health fresh foods etc, but these dinky dogs always make the trip...

Attachments

• 800px-vienna_sausage_tasty.jpg
    800px-vienna_sausage_tasty.jpg
    24.7 KB · Views: 201

bbqbull

Oct 31, 2006
Mid-Michigan
Detector(s) used
Minelab X 70

I take my electric 12 volt refer loaded with sliced ham, roast beef, cheese slices,mustard and ketchup.
I also take bottled water and cranberry juice.
I keep a loaf of bread, pringles and container of peanut m&m's.

I can make a sandwich after fueling up, eat on the road and save money from buying fast food.

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Where good deeds are performed daily
Detector(s) used
Garrett Fortune Hunter, White's CoinMaster, Garrett American S3, Compass Coin Magnum and a couple of others you will only find in museums!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

truckinbutch said:
2lbs of jerked beef , a big bag of trail mix , a dozen Hershy bars , 3 large bags of bbq chips and a box
of Lance peanutbutter cheese crackers . My 2 quart coffee thermos that gets refilled at every fuel stop
and three boxes of 1 quart Ziploc bags .
That will carry me Baltimore to LA and back with room to spare .

I'm ridin' with you, Brother! :hello2:
Gotta have beef jerky or such. A large cooler of beer is good!
(I do NOT advocate drinking and driving!)
You could spill some and that would constitute a charge of alcohol abuse! :occasion14:

Back in the 70's and 80's we had designated drivers...they were the ones who hadn't thrown up yet! :tongue3:

Scott

packerbacker

Gold Member
May 11, 2005
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Coffee and a HUGE bag of Cheetos. No. 1 reason for the Cheetos is the crows. Driving across country, especially in the wintertime, I always carry a big bag of them to share with the crows. Going through the wide open spaces in states such as Nevada, Wyoming, Utah, South Dakota, Nebraska etc. I always see crows flying along the highway. When I see crows in the air, I grab a handful of Cheetos and throw them out the winter. It seldom fails; the crows see them hitting the highway and they fly down to eat 'em up. Keeps me awake and helps the crows out too! Try it, it's a kick. Just don't get busted for littering. The Cheetos folks would probably promote this activity also.

dpitt8

May 2, 2008
wa

sodas in the can cooler and a bag w/ mixed munchies....granola bars, crackers (depends partly on whats in the house).

vibes

Bronze Member
Aug 20, 2007
Northern Indiana
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1280x Aquanaut

I can't believe I am going to admit this BUT I LOVE to pack Pork Rinds to munch on while traveling. :thumbsup:

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Detector(s) used
Garrett Fortune Hunter, White's CoinMaster, Garrett American S3, Compass Coin Magnum and a couple of others you will only find in museums!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

vibes said:
I can't believe I am going to admit this BUT I LOVE to pack Pork Rinds to munch on while traveling. :thumbsup:

OH, YEAH! :headbang:
With plenty of tabasco!

Best,
Scott

S

stefen

Beef jerky (wifes home made) and cinannom apple chips...bottled water...

Had to give up the unshelled p-nuts...car floor began looking like the bottom of a bird cage :laughing7:

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

stefen said:
Beef jerky (wifes home made) and cinannom apple chips...bottled water...

Had to give up the unshelled p-nuts...car floor began looking like the bottom of a bird cage :laughing7:

Either that or a redneck bar floor on a Saturday night somewhere in Georgia! :headbang:

Scott

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread