What's new

Road Trips

apush

Bronze Member
Joined
Dec 21, 2009
Messages
1,942
Reaction score
212
Golden Thread
0
Location
U.S.A.
Detector(s) used
ACE 250; Lone Star
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, just a note:

Prior to roadtrips: From Jan-May, I culled 63-40% from boxes; June picked up as I added more boxes to 42-40%. Now in July, I have found 93-40%. Of the 93 in July, 69 were found within the last 7 days due to roadtrips. I also have 6-90% to add to the mini-field trips.

I have learned that the small banks (city or rural) tend to be much more likely to have halves--and part with them. They don't mind talking on the phone or looking in the "vault." For instance, I called a small bank in a big city today. The teller had 3 rolls on hand plus a few loose coins. The rolled coins produced 1 Ben & 6 40%.

I know I will go thru severe depression when school starts and I have to work Friday's again! ;D

PS: I gave my bank who now orders me extra boxes Subway today. Cost too much, ($30.00), but, they take my 4 boxes to the car every week.

Happy Silver Hunting
apush :read2:
 
Upvote 0
crazy finds of late, looking back on my early finds i found crapola but 1-5 weekly adds up at the end of the month to like 20-30

key to this hobby apparently is volume and time, keep at it and try to keep searching more. i once searched 10 boxes in a day and set myself back dumping forever, basically were all skunks too so really put me down on dumping.

would love to catch up on dumping, add more boxes and add in dimes for change of pace.

am going to try this road trip stuff end of july when i go on vacation :D

looks like your setting a new personal record to beat in july. am on pace to do the same :icon_thumright:
 
I did road trips 3-5 days a week for almost a year. My best month and biggest scores were on road trips. During that time I picked up about 500 ounces of silver,which isn't great,but nothing to sneeze at either.
I just got tired of doing them, as they are time consuming.I was also doing a few boxes of halves and lots of dimes too. When it got to the point where I enjoyed dumping more than road trips, I quit them forever,and switched to boxes.
HH
Rich
 
Apush is no longer a newb. She has stats and unwrap partys.
 
LOL JD-GA,
Well, I have started to keep a few records; not as detailed as some. But as
Mr. Hartford mentioned, road trips are really time consuming. Plus, nearing 50, it is getting harder and harder to get around. I have a low rider car, so to speak, so I gotta climb out which is getting hard for me to handle (the auto was Mr. Apush's idea--wish I had a 450 Ford Truck). I was so tired when I got home.

I do call ahead, however, which I think helps a bit. If I did not have OnStar in my car, however, I don't think I could manage. I am highly geographically illiterate!

apush :read2:
 
apush said:
LOL JD-GA,
Well, I have started to keep a few records; not as detailed as some. But as
Mr. Hartford mentioned, road trips are really time consuming. Plus, nearing 50, it is getting harder and harder to get around. I have a low rider car, so to speak, so I gotta climb out which is getting hard for me to handle (the auto was Mr. Apush's idea--wish I had a 450 Ford Truck). I was so tired when I got home.

I do call ahead, however, which I think helps a bit. If I did not have OnStar in my car, however, I don't think I could manage. I am highly geographically illiterate!

apush :read2:

:laughing7: :laughing7: Real old? You look like you could carry 3 boxes of halves out of the bank. 4 if you spotted enders through the holes :laughing7:
When I went on road trips I just get in the car and drive with no particular route in mind. Sometimes I'd end up in NY, MA ,and RI. Once I was lost somewhere in the mountains. Eventually I bought a GPS at Walmarts. Hit the bank icon and just go. Very good for road trips.
HH
Rich
 
I love doing road trips. Its more of a hunt to me. And I tend to find more with less dumps. Someone mentioned your in east texas like me. In just south of tyler. Where is your hunting ground?
 
nice score on the cwr's and loose coins! i love bens!!! PSi dont do many road trips, cuz never get anything?!?!?! dont know why tho. keep it up and hh!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom