ROBERT MORRISS: CANNIBAL SLAYER

Alabama and camera crew continued up the trail, looking for a brush covered rarely used path less taken that Silverhair told him has a wooden ox cart wagon wheel. It was decided to shoot a reel of rare footage of this wheel if it existed, and then later edit and splice into other footage already shot that included a scalloped top copy of the Declaration of Independence.
Clearing the underbrush away, they uncovered the wheel, which was clearly marked with writing.
Alabama sighed, " This is half of a discarded wooden wire cable reel. Maybe if we can shoot it without the stenciled manufacturer name and with editing, we can include it in the show as "evidence"".
The crew laughed, knowing it was not the first time, nor would be the last. It was television after all.

ONE MONTH LATER

Beverly was channel surfing when she came upon a program about the Beale treasure.
The treasure hunter, from Alabama, was walking up the same trail she and Mitch were on a month before, then took a detour on a path that appeared less traveled.
Alabama then announced a major discovery that had to be from the Beale party.
Beverly's attention was now totally focused of the television picture as the zoomed in onto a large wheel.
"An ox cart wheel from the Beale party used while moving iron pots full of gold", Alabama explained while holding a dirt and corrosion free large US cent," and this penny is dated 1817 which I found while moving this wheel aside".
Beverly dialed Mitch's cell phone, " We have to go back to the Peaks of Otter".

DANG! I LIKE his shows...
Wrapped in the comforts of a snuggie in his Lazy Boy watching the same program as Beverly but on Central time on the west side of the Mississippi, the man can't believe nor wants to believe what is being shown by these charlatans.
He knows it is the wrong place because only he has solved the Beale ciphers.
"Television, that grand fret, send me faith to put to rest these claims", he sermonized as he shot the old Motorola with a round from a Smith & Wesson 44 magnum.
"Elvis don't have nothing on me", he chuckled!

Tree whisperer, Delbert Drywell had a rough day talking to trees, when a Dogwood proved that its bite was worse than it bark.
He was studying what appeared to be a turtle with right front leg missing above a right pointing arrow in a heart carved into the tree, when the wind rose causing a branch to slap his across the face.
Stunned for a moment, Drywell took the last gulp from the half gallon Bubba Power soda he purchased at the Ridgeway Mart on his way to Big Lonely woods at the foothills of the Blue Ridge.
Satisfied with what the trees told him about a treasure he had been searching for the last thirty five or so years, called it a day, starting his rusted Ford pickup, started down Mountain Valley Road.

Driving past Woody's Supermarket on Morehead Avenue, Drywell wished that Ridgeway had a Piggly Wiggly grocery beacause of the founder's connection to the Beale treasure.
He had heard that Thomas J Beale's aunt's brother's daughter was the mother of the man who began Piggy Wiggly, and that clues or keys were incorporated in the grocery's design.
Passing the post office, turned into the parking lot public library, driving his rusted pickup into a slot.
Sitting on a bench and sipping a half gallon Bubba Power soda, was his newest best friend who had returned from the Peaks of Otter following up a lead.
Shaking hands, neither looked up to see a raven and three crows sitting on a telephone wire.

"Did you see that program last night"?
"The one with the ox cart wheel found on the Peaks of Otter", replied Drywell?
"Yes, I was there, I gave him and his film crew the lead after they found me beaten and bruised", he continued with that part of his ordeal. Going back to the wheel, " He never mentioned the most important thing about that wheel".
Interest piqued, Drywell inquired, "What was that"?
"The black stenciled writing on it', excitement in his voice, "It proves that Beale sold his ox carts after the Party made their last deposit"!
"Did it mention LUCK's USED WAGONS as where Beale sold his ox carts and wagons"?
"No, but it did have "PROPERTY OF VIRGINIA RAILWAY & POWER COMPANY" in bold black letters with number codes below".
"You should have made a copy of those numbers, there is a strong possibility that those were the missing "KEY", put there in case of the entire Beale Party being massacred. There were rumors".
"I know, I know", replied Silverhair.
The raven cocked its head to the left, giving both men the eye.

Josh knows this...? ...
Drywell then explained the connection he discovered between the Beale Papers and the Piggly Wiggly grocery chain.
"That is something that that TV feller doesn't know", he guffawed , slapping his leg, while Silverhair gave an understanding nod.
Drywall continued, " Also there is a connection to the Jitney Jungle grocery stores to Ward by a fifth cousin seven times removed by way of the Kennerly branch of the Risqué bloodline, but the biggest discovery has to do with RALLY fast food".
"You mean their BIG BUFORD burgers", Silverhair exclaimed, " I knew it, I knew it! That is why we must check out all possibilities".
"Yes, all these possibilities become facts we can use to prove the Beale treasure really exists".

Last edited:
Drywell was upset that some members of their TREASURE HUNTING CLUB made light of their "possibilities" that they connected as proof of the Beale perilous adventure. Every time a fellow member questioned either one concerning their "evidence", they called them troublemakers who only wanted to argue.
No matter what the discussion, if one or the other did not the information, they would yell foul and complain to whomever in the Club would listen, until it reached to point where the Beale discussions revolved around their complaints about Club members, who was right who was wrong, who was a trouble maker, who was not, and not about the Beale story.
Needless to say, real discussion concerning Beale deteriorated into a one sided discourse directed under their approval.
The raven and three crows had long since flown back to Bedford county.

Chocolate Chip Treasure Cookies
Back in Bedford in a town once called Liberty, the Raven and three crows sat on the telephone wire above Beale's Brewery and BBQ still under construction. One of the workmen left his lunchbag on an overturned 5 gallon drywall bucket that was used as a seat.
The raven flew down , deftly grabbed the bag with his beak and flew off to a tree covered area, followed by the crows.
Ripping the bag apart with beak and claws, several chocolate chip cookies scattered across the ground.
The raven and crows had recovered a real treasure from Beale's

Last edited:
The workman returned and noticed that his bag of cookies was missing from the top of the white 5 gal drywall bucket where he had placed it.
"Hey", he yelled, " Who took my Piggly Wiggly chocolate chip cookies"!
In a tree just past the area cleared for the brewpubs construction, a raven and three crows, with stomachs full, cackled in avian glee.

IMG_0938.JPG
Venango County Pa

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back