Rock carving of what I believe portrays a Smilodon, sabertoothed tiger. It was found while excavating the footings for a house in Oakridge, Oregon in 1970's. It was @ 4 1/2 feet beneath the surface of the ground. It weughts@ 45lbs. and is 10 inheight, 11" in depth and 9" wide. The rock looks like a sedimentary type rock. It has an Aztec look about it.
Please help me...I would like to get it authenticated.
Please help me...I would like to get it authenticated.
Attachments
Upvote
0
The stone does not appear to be a material that is consistent with the Western Cascades. Possibly a geology expert familiar with Oregon rock formations can shed more light on the original material source. Was it found in flood plain river deposit material, or hillside soil?
(the upper Willamette has tons of rocks and excavating anywhere near the river is rarely easy).






