What's new

Rock or tooth. Probably rock

Ninjafossils

Hero Member
Joined
Dec 18, 2012
Messages
679
Reaction score
345
Golden Thread
0
Location
Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Tesoro Compadre
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
I found this on a beach near glen cove. I thought it was just a barnacle covered rock. But the hole seems reminiscent of something. Horn coral? Whale tooth? Tell me if u think it has potential or if it just a rock so I can get it out of my house cause it stinks.

image-3003542766.webp



image-2983389742.webp



image-43826688.webp



image-354793741.webp
 
I would have kept that too. But I have no idea?
 
metal_detector_vpnavy.gif
Looks like a combination of stuff - but still is a keeper Ninjafossils.
 
:icon_scratch: not sure. have you tried typing in what you think it is? it looks to me like a horn coral fossil but i could be wrong. try google or bing and see what comes up. let me know what you come up with.
 
If i had to venture a guess Ninja...id say it was a barnicle-encrusted Sperm Whale tooth. Try soaking it in vinegar overnight, and see what it looks like in the am.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom