What's new

Rockin Milking stool ?

mojjax

Silver Member
Joined
Feb 27, 2005
Messages
4,564
Reaction score
4,092
Golden Thread
0
Location
MAINE
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Rockin' Milking stool ?

I'm not sure if this is milking stool or somthing else ?
It's only 6 inches tall when it's sitting on the rockers .
It has lots of square nails holding it together .
Found it in our barn .
 

Attachments

  • Picture 123.webp
    Picture 123.webp
    61 KB · Views: 566
  • Picture 124.webp
    Picture 124.webp
    67.9 KB · Views: 540
  • Picture 126.webp
    Picture 126.webp
    55.6 KB · Views: 546
  • Picture 128.webp
    Picture 128.webp
    40.7 KB · Views: 549
Re: Rockin' Milking stool ?

Something more interesting than that, I think. What of the holes? In the top and in the rockers.
 
Upvote 0
Re: Rockin' Milking stool ?

Could it be some kind of rocking chair for a child or even some sort of sled? Neat find!
Annmarie
 
Upvote 0
Re: Rockin' Milking stool ?

sledge
 
Upvote 0
Re: Rockin' Milking stool ?

soap box for a drunk politician :tongue3: might be a old ottoman for a rockin chair. footstool style
 
Upvote 0
Re: Rockin' Milking stool ?

Looks more like a feeder shute for a corn sheller?? Tony
 
Upvote 0
Re: Rockin' Milking stool ?

Tony in SC said:
Looks more like a feeder shute for a corn sheller?? Tony

Thats the first thing that came to my mind. I have seen simular to that around here.
 
Upvote 0
Re: Rockin' Milking stool ?

The holes on the flat part could have been peg holes for legs, which would allow it to be elevated at one end. Sure looks like a chute of some sort when it's turned with the curved sides up. Almost looks like the style of some of the oooooold wheelbarrows. Some type of farm implement, handmade, and old, judging by the square nails. Interesting find! -Noodle
 
Upvote 0
Re: Rockin' Milking stool ?

Looks like an early american version of the Wii Fit ! :tongue3: - JH in PA
 
Upvote 0
Re: Rockin' Milking stool ?

The first thing that came to mine for me was a OLD PEDAL GRINDING SHARPENING STONE.Maybe
the pedal broke and someone made a foot pedal to use.Just a guess,that is a neat find.
Scroll down to the middle pic on this link and you will see what I am talking about.

http://www.socminco.com/PG120.htm

fortbball9
 
Upvote 0
Re: Rockin' Milking stool ?

To me, I see no wear on it really, more like age. Id guess it was used inside, maybe grain or something soft. If it was foot operated, id expect wear. It has to be made of wood due to age or function. If such an object was used under stress, it would be metal.Theres no foot or boot prints, no real worn patches. It the curved bits were meant to rock and roll, there should be more wear. Is there a tin strap on one?
 
Upvote 0
Re: Rockin' Milking stool ?

I'm guessing a seat for a child's rope swing. The holes in the back appear to have some rounding which could have been caused by rope...
 
Upvote 0
Re: Rockin' Milking stool ?

mojjax, that is one beautiful primitive doohicky. I love it!. You've got full square head nails, wood joinery, powder post beatles :D, and some clear straight saw marks you can probably date. I'll bet those two holes were for the rope handle. I think your guess of milking stool was right on!! I've milked a few goats in my day and I sure would have liked somethig that would lay right even if the floor was laying wrong. A rocking stool does that. Fantastic guess! :icon_thumright: :icon_thumleft:
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom