Rocks?

Yenges Khan

Mar 7, 2013
Beaver County, PA
Detector(s) used
AT PRO, ACE 350, Bounty Hunter Discovery, Garrett Propointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found two rocks in the woods at my nearby park today in western PA that are almost identical in look(sandstone) that set off my ace 350 as iron ore. I have tested them with the detector, my Garrett pin pointer and a bounty hunter pin pointer and they all beeped. I'm fairly new to detecting but never had rocks set them off. Is this normal? That do not resemble meteorites from what I googled. Also found what looks to be a bullet. The other side of it looks to have taken the impact and is sheared off.

Attachments

• image-3027835872.jpg
    image-3027835872.jpg
    123 KB · Views: 97
  • image-2708572876.jpg
    image-2708572876.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 101
  • image-1108140234.jpg
    image-1108140234.jpg
    28.9 KB · Views: 86
Upvote 0
Hi Yenges. Yes it is common. Out west even more so. Here in Western New York they are usually rocks carried here by the glaciers. I have found some around here and know areas that are loaded. I question the sandstone as it is a sedimentary rock. Granite containing iron pirite sounds more likely.

Last edited:
Hi Yenges. Yes it is common. Out west even more so. Here in Western New York they are usually rocks carried here by the glaciers. I have found some around here and know areas that are loaded. I question the sandstone as it is a sedimentary rock. Granite containing iron pirite sounds more likely.

Thanks

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back