Roll colors.

kickstart

Mar 7, 2007
Ga.
I noticed that the rolls in the boxes I get are almost a
green camo color stripe. LJ's rolls were yellow. I am curious.
What do the different colors represent? The local mint?
The armored car company?
Basically what I'm saying is I want to get LJ's colored boxes!!!!!

I got 6 boxes this past week. 2 from a Suntrust and 4 from Flagstar
bank(different branches). The rolls were the same color. would all the
banks in one area get all their coins from one source?

By the way 2 of the boxes were good. 4 were complete skunks!!!!

Upvote 0

pepperpump

Feb 27, 2005
Manassas Park, VA
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT
I don't know if it means different feds but I imagine it means the money is being rerolled by the same armored carrier. All the boxes I get are wrapped in yellow and white wrappers. I did get one box from further out the DC area that had grey wrappers but that box was a skunk :'( Hope my feedback helps a little.
Pepperpump ;D

Fropa

Feb 27, 2007
SW Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT
I'm not sure if the color has any meaning or not. Most of my boxes have rolls that are white with yellow writing and the last 13 were skunks.

Silver_Fox

Bronze Member
May 16, 2007
Good 'Ol USA /
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250 of course
kickstart said:
LJ's rolls were yellow. I am curious.
What do the different colors represent?
Looks like yellow for LJ represents silver....LOL. Mine have red on them, pictured below.

Attachments

• ScreenHunter_003.jpg
    ScreenHunter_003.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 258

LJ

Silver Member
Dec 23, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The coins from the boxes I get are rolled & boxed by CWI...Coin Wrap Inc. I guess yellow/white are just the color of the wrappers they have ordered.

I picked up some loose rolls the other day from a different bank and they were Brinks....same color as the roll posted by AW above. I would guess his roll was a Brinks roll too......AW??

kickstart said:

KS - Send me $500 & I'll send you a box of mine....with that good date on them.... ;)

OP
OP
K

kickstart

Mar 7, 2007
Ga.
lejeuene said:
The coins from the boxes I get are rolled & boxed by CWI...Coin Wrap Inc. I guess yellow/white are just the color of the wrappers they have ordered.

I picked up some loose rolls the other day from a different bank and they were Brinks....same color as the roll posted by AW above. I would guess his roll was a Brinks roll too......AW??

kickstart said:

KS - Send me $500 & I'll send you a box of mine....with that good date on them.... ;)

Don't think I wouldn't! 8)

LJ

Silver Member
Dec 23, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
kickstart said:
lejeuene said:

kickstart said:

I'm giving you the offer.........

Silver_Fox

Bronze Member
May 16, 2007
Good 'Ol USA /
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250 of course
lejeuene said:

kickstart said:

I believe they are Brinks delivered, probably rolled too.

schramm

Dec 25, 2006
In all the years I have been box hunting I would always see rolls with the color AW posted.

In the last 3 years I have been noticing more frequently(until the beginning of this year,I stopped getting boxes)That the rolls were changing colors often.

I have received some that were yellow/white,blue/white,green/white,orange/white-like AW,brown/white,and most recently(5 months ago) Black/white.

The yellow/white's were the ONLY rolls I have ever seen with a company logo on them-N.F. string/son.All the others just say $10 halves.

Another interesting note is the black/white's were made of a light weight paper,very difficult to open the end and slide the coins back in to use the same roll for deposit.

I took it to mean that the rolling company found a cheaper supplier of the half rolls and since the buying of halves boxes has skyrocketed in the past few years,they figured they would shop for a cheaper supplier since they roll so many more now than they have in probably the past 30+ years! :o

Anyway to answer the question,the color is solely based on the manufacturer of the roll sheet paper.Those of you who consistently get the same color rolls,box after box,are serviced by a carrier who either doesn't roll very many boxes(relative to others areas ;)) or who deals with a manufacturer who can always fill the order when needed.

I think the reason I had seen so many different colors in the past few years is directly related to the HUGE number of new hunters to hit my area in the past few years :'(.The suppliers of the wrapping paper either couldn't fill the demand on time or were priced out by their competition.That competition being the makers of the light weight/low quality wrapping paper.

A question for you all:Who gets rolls that actually say a manufacturers name on the paper?

Are there rolls that actually say brinks on them or does everyone just assume their boxes come from "Brinks"?

I thinks Brinks is just such a widely recognized name in the business that everyone figures they supply their boxes,when in fact it could be a different carrier.

I am not certain but I believe the wrapping paper used to make the roll AW posted a pic of is actually made by DUB-HARRIS,out of Commerce CA.

I am also fairly certain that all the boxes you guys get across the country,that are of the 2-stack variety,are made Dub-Harris as well.

And the single stack boxes are made by N.F. string/son.

Can anyone confirm or deny this?Have you seen boxes built by a company other than these 2?

schramm

Dec 25, 2006
Thanks for the pic Rothgo,I have never seen a roll that actually said Brinks on it.

Do those come rolls in a single or double stack box?

Also is there a CWI # and inspector # on the box as well?Or just blank?Thanks.

Rothgo

Sep 24, 2006
Double stacked. No dates or numbers. I known they were packed within the past few months, I've found coins marked with a "J" and "date" only a couple months old. I got a 1943 Walker and four 40% out of this box. First Walker from about 20 Brinks boxes. I found more Walkers in the flat boxes from a different bank. These Brinks boxes do well on 40% some times.

Attachments

• CRH 2007-06-25 Brinks box.jpg
    CRH 2007-06-25 Brinks box.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 202

schramm

Dec 25, 2006
Rothgo said:
Double stacked. No dates or numbers. I known they were packed within the past few months, I've found coins marked with a "J" and "date" only a couple months old. I got a 1943 Walker and four 40% out of this box. First Walker from about 20 Brinks boxes. I found more Walkers in the flat boxes from a different bank. These Brinks boxes do well on 40% some times.
Thanks,I know what you mean about finding such small amount of 90%er's in boxes anymore(40% as well) That's why when my bank tried to start charging me to get a box it wasn't to hard to quit.

It would have been costing me more to buy a box than the silver I would find in it(averaged out with the amount of silverless boxes found).

Do you remember if those single stack boxes you were getting had a CWI # or inspector #?Thanks.

Rothgo

Sep 24, 2006
No charges yet. I was very clear when I opened two new accounts that I would be buying or dumping coin and asked what the fees were.
Here's my first two flat boxes.
I like getting Walkers in this type of box. I know it will not continue but I'll keep ordering two a week for now. No name on these rolls but I think the carrier is Loomis

Attachments

• CRH 2007-06-03 flat box.JPG
    CRH 2007-06-03 flat box.JPG
    56.2 KB · Views: 192
  • CRH 2007-06-03 box date.JPG
    CRH 2007-06-03 box date.JPG
    50.4 KB · Views: 182
  • CRH 2007-06-03 box open.JPG
    CRH 2007-06-03 box open.JPG
    68.1 KB · Views: 190
  • CRH 2007-06-03 walkers.JPG
    CRH 2007-06-03 walkers.JPG
    79.1 KB · Views: 179
OP
OP
K

kickstart

Mar 7, 2007
Ga.
lejeuene said:
kickstart said:
lejeuene said:

kickstart said:

I'm giving you the offer.........

Thanks for the offer, but if I threw off your good luck, i would have guilt.
Besides how much would shipping be on a 25 lb. box?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread