Brinks delivery to your home

schramm

Dec 25, 2006
I have read of people asking if this was possible in the past or if they have to order through a bank only.

I was surfing the channels about an hour ago and came across an infomercial about investing in gold coins.

They were trying to sell $5 face value gold coins for $400 and they said that for the "special" customers who buy $10,000-$20,000-$50,000 worth of their gold that it would be shipped to them in an armored truck and then he went on to say that it would be either Loomis or Wells Fargo or Brinks,depending on where you lived.

The way he said it was that they would deliver directly to your house or wherever you wanted to "store" your gold investment.

It seems obvious that someone buying that much gold would not have it at their house,nor have it delivered by guys who would then know YOU have it,wherever you would keep it at.

Also it is not likely that someone who would invest that much $ in gold would by it from some slick salesman off the tv on early sunday morning ::).

Anyway,at the time he was saying the 3 carriers that they use to haul their gold around,it showed video of an armored truck driving by and poorly tried to block out the company logo on the side of the truck.It was obvious that it was a Loomis Fargo truck.

The question I have is:Is there an armored truck company named WELLS FARGO?

I know their is Loomis Fargo and Brinks and Dunbar and a number of smaller local/regional carriers but I have never heard of WELLS FARGO armored trucks.Is it just that the guy misspoke or is their really a Wells Fargo?Thanks.

Upvote 0

Silver_Fox

Bronze Member
May 16, 2007
Good 'Ol USA /
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250 of course
Here's the Loomis Scoop

From Securita's Home Page
In November 2006, the Cash Handling Services Division of Securitas announced that it would adopt the name “Loomis” throughout its international network. The transition to the new identity is in progress and will be substantially completed by the second quarter 2007. The familiar Loomis, Fargo & Co. logo is being changed on all trucks to the new Loomis logo shown above. Previously, the company operated under the Loomis, Fargo & Co. name in the US and as Securitas in Western Europe.

Home Page
http://www.loomisfargo.com/index.html

S

Secured

From what I understand, neither of the major armored car companies does deliveries to private residents, if they do, it would be quite expensive as well. What works quite well is using the USPS service as registered and insured mail, you can ship up to $ 25'000 value per package.

silverfinder

Dec 31, 2006
Wells Fargo no longer exists. Through mergers and acquisitions, it is now Loomis, or something similar.

TxTim

Silver Member
Jan 14, 2007
Texas
Detector(s) used
DFX & SE
Wells Fargo does exist as a banking and financial institution.
Loomis Fargo is now the name of their former (Wells Fargo) delivery service.

fiatboy

Bronze Member
Jan 28, 2007
Most armored car companies will deliver to your house, but it's very expensive. I don't know the prices, but theoretically, one could have boxes of halves delivered to one's house, find enough silver to offset the price of delivery, and make off with a nice silver hoard. Theoretical, yes. Realistic, no. But I can dream, can't I?

pepperpump

Feb 27, 2005
Manassas Park, VA
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT
It is rare but once in awhile you still see a wells fargo truck in northern va. they were around all the time a couple years ago.
Pepperpump :)

cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
schramm said:
Also it is not likely that someone who would invest that much $ in gold would by it from some slick salesman off the tv on early sunday morning ::).

It is if you were a little old lady listening to that slick salesman and then spend a few thousand on overvalued coins.

My grandmother did that (all Morgan dollars) and stashed them all over her house. When she died my mother and aunt found them with reciepts. She drastically over paid for common date coins. (all this was per my mom who took them to a coin dealer that informed her of this, I never saw them)

cryptodave

Aug 25, 2005
Currituck County, NC
Detector(s) used
Minelab
cyberdan said:
schramm said:

It is if you were a little old lady listening to that slick salesman and then spend a few thousand on overvalued coins.

My grandmother did that (all Morgan dollars) and stashed them all over her house. When she died my mother and aunt found them with reciepts. She drastically over paid for common date coins. (all this was per my mom who took them to a coin dealer that informed her of this, I never saw them)

OR, which is more likely, the coin dealer took your mom and made a nice profit selling the coins... I say BOO on coin dealers!

bazinga

Silver Member
Oct 31, 2005
High Five!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
cryptodave said:
cyberdan said:
schramm said:

OR, which is more likely, the coin dealer took your mom and made a nice profit selling the coins... I say BOO on coin dealers!

I'd rather say BOO on the mom that got taken. It's not difficult to get on the internet or go to the library and get a book on coins and look them up to see if you have anything valuable.

This is why I don't feel sorry for people to sell things for far less than they are worth. The person buying is there to make a profit. It's not his fault the people selling him things are ignorant of their worth. The cheaper he can purchase them for the greater his profit. Just like any other business.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread