roll hunting in canada?

Daisy

Apr 16, 2006
Ontario, Canada
I don't go through rolls but I have come across about a dozen or so Wheaties (and lots of current coins) going through my coin jar. (about 4 months worth of pocket change). So it does happen. Lots of pennies and dimes!!! (and a few nickles and quarters). I'm saving up the American coins for a trip down south! :) It might take a while. lol ;D
Merchants here accept them as Canadian currency and don't even bother to check. Not so in the US. I remember getting killer looks trying to buy gas with Canadian funds in New Hampshire (with extra for exchange rate of course). :-\ oh well. lol No colorful money for you! :P
hh Daisy

OP
OP
S

strykerstalker

Nov 29, 2005
Actually we get lots of colorful money here, being that they changed our bills to add color due to making counterfit bills more of an effert for the criminals.. LOL yeah i know what ya mean tho ive got a few bills from canada that they dont make any more.. pretty and old..

bazinga

Silver Member
Oct 31, 2005
High Five!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If I were there I would definitely be hunting rolls!

Their rolls don't have clad edges, so they all look silver / white. So you would have to check for date, so it's not as easy to pluck the silver out of circulation like it is here.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions