Pennies from mint?

strykerstalker

Nov 29, 2005
went out before the holiday 24th and picked up 8 boxs of pennies and 8 boxs of dimes and 10 rolls of halfs..

Got threw the pennies pretty quick but then i got to the last box which was on the 25th.. felt getty so i opened it and figured i would have something relaxing to do. pulled the seal and found all were new 2006 pennies and on both sides so i wasnt just thinking that it happend to be on the one side...well that bummed me out and made me wonder what to do with them.. anyone have any ideas for one what to do with them? two how is it possible to have a box of nothing but 06 pennies did they come straight from the mint to the bank? or was i just lucky?

Anyhow what would something like that go for either box or roll price?

had lots of fun and thats the first time ive seen something like that, ive been tempted to unroll one and see if im correct on theyre all new..

someone let me know what they think i should do, as the only 2 things i thought of was to sell them by the roll or keep the box till i pass it on. thanks and i hoped everyones holidays were good for them as well ...

Upvote 0

enamel7

Gold Member
Apr 16, 2005
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would definitely check Ebay and see what they are currently selling for. I would also keep at least a few for for your personal collection.

OP
OP
S

strykerstalker

Nov 29, 2005
If they dont have a mint mark on them where did they come from? as in D or P on most, these have no mint mark..thanks

enamel7

Gold Member
Apr 16, 2005
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They are from Philly. Cents minted in Philly don't have a mintmark.

enamel7

Gold Member
Apr 16, 2005
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes you are correct. Other coins have the "P" mintmark, but the cents don't.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread