Roll hunting other side of the coin

Postalrevnant

Silver Member
Jul 5, 2006
Mountains
Ok LoL yesterday was my first day roll hunting, and today I got to see the "other side of the coin persay".

Total coins looked $2000 halves, $500 quarters, $250 dimes.

Keepers: 3 40% (65,67,68)

Most were in rolls from the banks themselves so I thought very little chance, except my first $300 had the 3 40% ones. From varous banks I looked though $700 factory rolled persay. Nothing, so guess I was below the average on that one.

The kicker was $1000 at the same bank in thier rolls. I asked up front if anyone looked through them before, or looked for older silver. Teller says "Not that she knew of. She went on to say that no one had brought them in at large amounts, most were in jars with other change". Perhaps the second part was true, but after getting $1000 and coming back to look at the last $300 a different teller window I got. She asked what I was looking for. I told her. She said your not going to have any luck sorry, they looked at the bank themselves and got all the silver that came in. THen she looks at the original teller I had seen already 4x to buy from, and said "especially that lucky tramp. Shes gotten loads more silver than the rest of us because she seems jumps up to get peps turning in coins any chance she can." She gave me a sorta evil grin after her partner busted her lie unintentionally. What a waste of time!!!

Gotta hate that, can't see why someone would do that to someone they don't even know.

Anyways the other side of the coin..... OUCH...looking through all of those coins in the truck sure left the neck with a crick and the hands a screaming OuCH. lol. Only good thing, my bank hand branches in all cities I went to and within one mile of the banks I was checking, so no charge to turn in all those coins...without having to roll WOO HOO!!

Hope you guys had better luck today,

Postalrevnant

Oh nothing in the quarters and dimes.

Upvote 0

Boobydoo

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2006
Michigan
I guess like anything else, you have to take the bad with the good.
Just keep track of the banks that are not worth going to and the good ones too. Dang learning curves.
Best of luck PR man!

Smiles!
BDoo

goldinmypan

Apr 18, 2006
Ventura, CA
Detector(s) used
LST
Post, what I would do is make that teller the recipient of all the coins that you are going to sell back to the bank. I never sell to where I buy from cause I don't want to see my old coins again. So travel the county and hit all banks then sell to this one. Most banks will sell if you are not a customer but will only buy from account holders.

OP
OP
Postalrevnant

Postalrevnant

Silver Member
Jul 5, 2006
Mountains
Thanks for the posts, was just a nutty day LoL. I think Badger was right in one of his posts, its great to have a whole staff of great councelors.

LoL yep dang learning curves. Learned a bunch today especially about which banks not to go back to. Also was a dual fold reason for going, asked all the banks if they had openings for IT directors...etc. None open, but then again large company would really be my main target.

Post, what I would do is make that teller the recipient of all the coins that you are going to sell back to the bank. I never sell to where I buy from cause I don't want to see my old coins again. So travel the county and hit all banks then sell to this one. Most banks will sell if you are not a customer but will only buy from account holders

Absolutely, thank you much for the tip. Believe it or not I actually had given that one some thought. As I had mentioned in my post I am fortunate enough to have many branches of my bank in many local cities. Great since I don't get charged on returns.

ANd the one good thing about today. I have ALL the halves now in 3 banks, all 20 miles apart, and I will NOT be buying from them. They want me to order..and they want me to pay $50.00 shipping for fresh ones from the mint... or wherever they come from when you order.

Thanks much again guys, Keep fingers crossed tomorrow a bank gets a box, they will only give me 7 rolls. (They still have customers that use em LoL yeah...). Couldn't talk to person who orders today to find out if they charge to order...if that is the case then its definately fair that they would give me any at all. In fact if I was the guy that payed to have em shipped I would be pissed!!!

Oh LoL back to fingers crossed CROSSED for my first Walker. I really love the way that coin looks. That and the Merc. Got the Merc as first silver ever detected a few weeks ago. Now would just love to find a Walker.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread