What's new

roll of silver quarters

bourassa5

Full Member
Joined
Nov 8, 2008
Messages
169
Reaction score
1
Golden Thread
0
a girl at one of my banks has a few rolls of solid silver quarters she doesn't know anything about their vaule and I don't know her what do you thinks a reasonable price for me to give her
 
Upvote 0
If they are in her drawer I'd say $10. If they are in her drawers I'd say $20
 
Assuming they are just silver washington quarters, somewhere between 5X and 10X of face value unless they are in particularly good shape or have key dates included. the exact amount would depend on if this is purely a business transaction where you are trying to get as much as you can for as little as you can or if you are trying to offer a little more (or the same as) a coin dealer would offer. An offer of 10X face is actually above silver spot right now, so to offer that in my mind there would have to be something of numismatic value in there.

Personally, I would probably offer somewhere around 7X or 8X face, but that's just me.
 
I have offered at least 10 non-collectors 10 X face, and I always get that look from them like, "you mean you want to rip me off?"
 
last week I bought 83 quarters at 8 x face from a guy and he was tickled pink, took them to my coin shop and he paid me 10.3 x face for them, easy profit
 
A silver quarter is worth about $2.10 in silver melt value. $84.00 a roll ! Take off 30% that's what you should offer so around $58.00 for a roll.

Keep @ it and HH!!
 
Piercesdad said:
If they are in her drawer I'd say $10. If they are in her drawers I'd say $20

:o
 
i had the same problem. u dont want to give her to much b/c then she will no they are worth alot and prob wont hook u up next time. try giving her 20 a roll. that way she makes some cash and wont understand she should keep them
 
seger98 said:
Piercesdad said:
If they are in her drawer I'd say $10. If they are in her drawers I'd say $20

Good answer! :thumbsup:

Not a good answer. I have to disagree.

If you are thinking your entitled than yea smart answers abound.

But you are not entitled ans therefor must offer her a reasonable price ... (If that is indeed what she is looking for) I say 7 to 8 x face..... Based on current silver prices, but deduct about 10% as your middle man commission.

She does not have to sell them to you . And why should she . She could easily turn them over herself for 8 - 10x face.

I say give her a fair price where both of you can enjoy a little profit with you acting as the middle man and wanting to continue the fruits of this arrangement.

Once you got her culling silver for you and you are paying a little under melt and she's ecstatic. You might end up with a key date at the scrap rate in the near future........ Don't let her think you are ripping her off.

My opinion.

Mojo
 
If they are in HER drawers well never mind
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom