What's new

rolls from the fed??

Lucky Jack

Jr. Member
Joined
Jul 31, 2007
Messages
78
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
I asked at a new bank where they got their coins from, Brinks or Loomis or someone else and they told me they come from the "Fed". I've never seen a "Fed" armoured truck before. Do they exist or does the "Fed" ship via the Brinks company? Also is there any standard among banks as to which service they use? For example does BofA always use Brinks and Wells Fargo always use Loomis?
 
Upvote 0
The coin is ordered through the Fed by Loomis or whoever

the carrier is, then to the bank, then to you... Most of the time,

long story short. :wink: Motor on! 8)

Red
 
So what you're saying is that all the coin comes from the fed just delivered by Brinks or Loomis. I thought these companies take in the coin, sort it and roll it and then keep a supply in house to distribute as necessary.
 
Here, Brinks does come from there own supply house, until they run out.

Our Loomis here orders from the Fed and then rolls it and distributes it.

Red
 
JL

Here in Detroit Loomis is the contracted source for the Fed but they also re roll coins that they get back from their bank routs.

They receive bags from the Fed and returns from the Banks that they service And roll em up.

Brinks takes in coin re rolls and redistributes and when we run their pallets dry, they get em from Loomis / "THE FED"

Mojo
 
coinmojo said:
JL

Here in Detroit Loomis is the contracted source for the Fed but they also re roll coins that they get back from their bank routs.

They receive bags from the Fed and returns from the Banks that they service And roll em up.

Brinks takes in coin re rolls and redistributes and when we run their pallets dry, they get em from Loomis / "THE FED"

Mojo

That makes sense. Do you have any idea how generally the "fed" coins stack up to the average coin machine returns that are re-rolled. I imagine the "fed" coins are not as good.

The CWI boxes I was getting here for a bit did not seem like the average Brinks boxes I had been getting, but instead were loaded with clad and smooth rims, roll and roll and box after box. Only one or two 40%s were found out of those boxes.

Jim
 
Jim

I have gotten similar results from "Fed" boxes. (Flat boxes 5 x 10 rolls wrapped in white & yellow Strings & sons) 0 to 3 keepers per box. I have done better with Brinks but I would take 3 per box over the Sunks I've gotten lately from brinks.

It appears to be played out pretty good around here. Can only hope the widows deposit Grandpas collection and I'm lucky enough to be the beneficiary when they get mixed in with my pickups.

Mojo
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom