What's new

Roman Metal Working Site - Day 1 + 2.....

CRUSADER

Emerald Member
Joined
May 25, 2007
Messages
41,305
Reaction score
48,537
Golden Thread
27
Location
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
27
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Today was a good day for a holiday.:thumbsup: Lovely cool breeze.
I spent yesterday & today gridding the site, 12.5 hrs to me & Cru'dad helped for 3 hrs.
Yesterday we passed the 1000 Roman Bronzes Coin stage for this year, so going well so far.

55 Roman Bronze Coins - A couple I needed including Gallienus with a Hippocampus reverse.
2 Roman Silver but both cut up for the melting pot.
Poor grade Hammered Penny
1 Iron Age Fibula
3 x 1st C AD Fibula (broken)
2 x 1st C AD Ring Bezels
Roman Buckle Plate
Roman Bracelet Bit
Roman Hair Pin
Talking about this a couple of months back with our Italian Tnet friend - Roman Lead Pot Mend with a thumb print. (One of my better examples)8-)
 

Attachments

  • 1.webp
    1.webp
    143.6 KB · Views: 125
  • 2.webp
    2.webp
    45.3 KB · Views: 128
  • 3.webp
    3.webp
    193.9 KB · Views: 123
  • 4.webp
    4.webp
    279.6 KB · Views: 135
  • 5.webp
    5.webp
    142 KB · Views: 105
  • 6.webp
    6.webp
    89.7 KB · Views: 125
  • 1a.webp
    1a.webp
    137 KB · Views: 96
  • 1b.webp
    1b.webp
    67.9 KB · Views: 101
Last edited:
Upvote 42
Wow, fantastic finds! Thank you for sharing them with us.

Steve
 
You're killing it over there! Keep up the fantastic work. Best of luck and happy hunting!
 
Awesome finds I really enjoy your posts
 
You're killing it over there! Keep up the fantastic work. Best of luck and happy hunting!

Thanks, we are kind of at peak season time, soon options will rapidly decrease.
 
Great digs Cru. Always a pleasure to read your posts. Those ring bezels are very cool.

Cheers
 
Gonna have to start calling you "Crucesignatis".

I seriously enjoy seeing the roman artifacts that you find, it never gets old.
 
Cru--just so amazing. We always look forward to your posts,. Thanks for sharing. -Lisa & John
 
Gonna have to start calling you "Crucesignatis".

I seriously enjoy seeing the roman artifacts that you find, it never gets old.

We never get bore of finding new sites & finding scrappies/objects. I will get too old before it gets too old for me.
 
All coins now added to top post.
 
WOW!! That's crazy good. I'm coming your way this spring. Could you tell me your settings so I have an idea where to start rather than spending lots of time experimenting. Thanks, gene
 
Great results and congrats to breaking the 1000. Numbers i can only dream of! :notworthy:
 
WOW!! That's crazy good. I'm coming your way this spring. Could you tell me your settings so I have an idea where to start rather than spending lots of time experimenting. Thanks, gene

Basically 12Khz, 95 Ses, Disc 0.
 
Man you must have a blast out there..Congrats on another very productive hunt and amazing finds.
 
Man you must have a blast out there..Congrats on another very productive hunt and amazing finds.
True, but we are always second guessing our choices.
 
Awesome finds Cru. That is amazing. Since you told me that i could find one with fingerprints of the man who has been sealing the pot i have been thinking if i would be so lucky to find one. I am back hunting for one month on the same place. It's difficult to find them cause since they are from lead the Garrett will not tell me if they are deeper than 15cm.
Great [emoji106]
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom