Roman Wood Site - Day 2 - Roman SILVER...

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is named the Wood Site, as half of it's in the wood but most of the scatter is in the ploughed field.
This field had a deep plough, & my aim was to get 1 Roman Silver from it, but after Cru'dad's flukey Nero that he plucked off the ankle breaker I though he had killed it.
Now it's much flatter the team gridding has begun, after Cru'dad's 3 hours solo session last week.(10 scrappies)
I did 6.5 hours & Cru'dad did 3 hours:

32 Roman Bronze Coins
Frag of Roman Spoon
Lead Roman Spindal Whorl
1816 Shilling
Silver Ant. of Trebonianus Gallus AD252 (Only had 2 broken examples, so my first complete one) 8-)

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    123.8 KB · Views: 62
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    193.7 KB · Views: 51
  • 3.JPG
    3.JPG
    95.3 KB · Views: 54
  • 4.JPG
    4.JPG
    128 KB · Views: 50
Upvote 22

Westfront

Silver Member
Jun 15, 2010
Germania Secunda
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice one! Congrats! Hope you are able to detect some more, only trips to the doctor, getting groceries and similar allowed here. Don't know if detecting with dog meets the requirements for getting out with the dog what is still allowed.... :occasion14:

Gene Mean

Bronze Member
Dec 22, 2016
Central NJ
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 350
Equinox 800
Eyeballs
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Very nice finds. Who is on the back of the Treb Gallus? I have been looking it up out of curiosity but can't find it.

OP
OP
CRUSADER

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice one! Congrats! Hope you are able to detect some more, only trips to the doctor, getting groceries and similar allowed here. Don't know if detecting with dog meets the requirements for getting out with the dog what is still allowed.... :occasion14:
Seems a bit excessive, you can go into a crowded shop but not in a middle of an empty field - now that's stupidity all over. No Govt is going to tell me not to do that!

PS. Even if a they did say that, they can get their boots on & try & find me, & if they did I would ask them why are they directing critical resources at me instead of the Herculean effort.

PS. The UK Govt has asked the National Trust to let all people in the gardens & parks for FREE.

Last edited:
OP
OP
CRUSADER

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice finds. Who is on the back of the Treb Gallus? I have been looking it up out of curiosity but can't find it.
RIC 70, Sear 9636.

LIBERTAS PVBLICA

Donnie B from VA

Apr 2, 2014
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II / XP Deus I
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Beautiful Roman silver. Congrats on your first complete one from Trebonianus Gallus.

OP
OP
CRUSADER

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Education time: What does it mean/stand for?
Frag=Fragment of the Spoon:

https://trinityantiques.co.uk/products/ancient-roman-silvered-spoon-circa-1st-2nd-ad-053

Looks like this whole.

Last edited:

DigToChina

Bronze Member
Sep 9, 2016
GTA East, Ontario
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, Fisher F2, ProPointer AT
Frag=Fragment of the Spoon:

[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Tahoma,Calibri,Geneva,sans-serif]https://trinityantiques.co.uk/products/ancient-roman-silvered-spoon-circa-1st-2nd-ad-053

Looks like this whole.
[/FONT]

Hahahaha. Sorry. I half read AARCs post as you saying the EMMA thing was the fragment so was asking what that could possibly stand for with the Romans. Either way, my question ended up being utter nonsense [emoji2371]

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions