Rookie Luck!...Images in post

heavenly_light

Greenie
Aug 24, 2007
Detector(s) used
None at this time. Looking to buy!
Hey Everyone,

Well, I meet up with Cliff DFX and Sunny60 today and took them to our farm to chat about MD'ing and check out their equipment. Needless to say they and I wanted to test the equipment out in a hunt. I took them first to where the 1875-ish log home use to be but, they said due to the land being bulldozed and pushed over the hill like it was with junk nothing good would come of it. So, I took them to the second old home I know and gained permission from my cousin’s mother and we hunted.

Well, I used / tested Sunny60's daughters MD a White's Prism IV. Cliff turned it on for me and I placed it on the ground where we were standing to ask some questions and a high pitch came out of it. Well, I thought I broke it… Cliff and Sunny laughed and said you needed to move it back and fourth. So, I did and still had the broken high pitch noise coming from it like before. Cliff put his MD'er over it and sure enough I was on something. When we dug it up and I had........ a 1967 quarter. MY FIRST FIND EVERRR! Well, we went on and in the next five minutes I had dug up the 1953 nickel.

Then it happened within 15 minutes of hunting I was standing there between two trees with my daughter and I had a high pitch noise. I dug the hole as shown and found a square nail and as told rechecked my hole and again I had a high pitch noise. I dug a little deeper and I saw a silver item pop out onto the ground. I picked it up and asked the dumbest question of all to Cliff. “...Hey Cliff what did you say the year had to be before it was called silver?”… As I held it up Cliff and Sunny both looked at me and then came over to congratulate me on my first ever silver find. It was a 1943 Liberty dime. Rookie luck!

I say,
One cousin’s mother’s land to hunt – Free
One borrowed Prism IV MD –Free
To hear my dumbest question ever - Priceless

Well the next 15 minutes wielded a 5-10lb ax head, junk, and a 1942 wheat penny.

Over all there was about 1.5 hours of hunting and teaching me. Both Cliff and Sunny60 found good items. And I can say I am Hoooooookkkkked line and sinker. Now, I just have to find a White's MD'er I can afford. As well as to get one of the most important items, Knee Pads…lol…

Cliff and Sunny60 told me to send in my find to White's that my find was a very good one.

All I can say, is I can not wait to do it again.

Attachments

• Find-one.jpg
    Find-one.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 533
  • Find-two.jpg
    Find-two.jpg
    25.3 KB · Views: 530
  • Silver-Dime.jpg
    Silver-Dime.jpg
    27 KB · Views: 526

teverly

Mar 4, 2007
central ohio
Detector(s) used
MINELAB E TRAC x 2 xp deus
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Get a small coil and go hunt that bulldozed area!!!!!
You never know what you may find!!!!!

wildrider

Bronze Member
Feb 25, 2007
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Nautilus DMC IIb/White's 6000 Di Pro
Hey, glad you took my advice.

Those two guys are alot of fun.

And Cliff lives in your own back yard.

Congrats on your finds.

Burt

SC_hunter

Bronze Member
Jan 16, 2007
South Carolina
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i,Whites XLT,Ace 250 and BH Tracker IV and Others.....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hahaha..Ur hooked now..great looking merc and the kneepads...Lowes..lol and they are almost priceless...lol

OP
OP
heavenly_light

heavenly_light

Greenie
Aug 24, 2007
Detector(s) used
Hey All,

Found Merc here!

Attachments

• Found-Merc-dime-here-web.jpg
    Found-Merc-dime-here-web.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 456

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
teverly said:
Get a small coil and go hunt that bulldozed area!!!!!
You never know what you may find!!!!!
Yeah,that's what I was thinking. You have a hundred years of crap scraped off the surface. If there is anything to be found,it will most likely be old.

OP
OP
heavenly_light

heavenly_light

Greenie
Aug 24, 2007
Detector(s) used
Hey wildrider,

No, not by the site where I found the merc. There is one country golf club, four farming fields, then there are a total of 4 ponds, and 2 large collections of water from the streams. This is within a 2 mile range from the merc find. I seen you had a great time fishing and I can tell you there are no fish in the ponds and very small fish in the stream collections. Nothing worth the time. Sorry!

Thanks,
Tony

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread