What's new

Rookie

reilly0458

Jr. Member
Joined
Jan 5, 2011
Messages
24
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
Hey, to to CRH. Just started this past week and my experience has been pretty positive. I hit about 20 banks this week and went through about $400 in customer rolled halfs. My finds were good enough to keep my new found excitement alive. During 1/3-1/7 i found 28 40%'s and 2 90%'s. I just ordered my first box today, and hope to find some keepers. My only concern is that quite a few of the tellers told me, in a not so friendly way, that they scan for silver halfs and take them before the customer has access. Anyway, I look forward to continuing the hunt.

Reilly
 
Upvote 0
Welcome to this often frustrating, sometimes rewarding, highly addictive activity known as CRH.

You will find bank tellers that pull all the silver. Some will even do it right in front of you. However, a teller that tells you that he/she pulls all the silver has just done you a favor. You now know that your chances of finding silver at that location is slim-to-none. You can cross that bank off your CRH "route", saving yourself some valuable time. You also have a perfect place to dump your rejects. A bank where the tellers pull all the silver is absolutely the best place to dump the clad. Dump banks are just as important (if not more important) than "buy" banks.

Happy hunting and good luck!
 
The bassman is right. If the teller wants to look at coins to find silver,then give her alot to look at. But even when they say that they are looking, there is always something that is missed.
 
I agree with Bassman also. Whenever I have a teller tell me they sort the silver out, that bank is added to my dump list. Another option is offer to buy the silver from the tellers over face, I've had some luck with that.

Good luck and Happy Hunting
 
tellers are not all as smart as they think they are. I went to a small one bank town a few months back and the head teller said yes we have 130 in rolls. with a very silly smile on her face. I knew she had searched them then but I was already committed. I took them all and there were no 90%ers but she missed 32 40%. Another one bank town down the road the teller said she searched for silver. But again I was already committed, to 200. I got 2 40%. that is better than boxes around here, so I went back latter and got another 200. and 2 more 40%.
 
AgentX said:
I agree with Bassman also. Whenever I have a teller tell me they sort the silver out, that bank is added to my dump list. Another option is offer to buy the silver from the tellers over face, I've had some luck with that.

Good luck and Happy Hunting

Awesome idea! I appreciate you guys who left over 300 silvers for me at banks that "have already checked those for silver" and "took all the silver ones out first".
 
JD-GA said:
AgentX said:
I agree with Bassman also. Whenever I have a teller tell me they sort the silver out, that bank is added to my dump list. Another option is offer to buy the silver from the tellers over face, I've had some luck with that.

Good luck and Happy Hunting

Awesome idea! I appreciate you guys who left over 300 silvers for me at banks that "have already checked those for silver" and "took all the silver ones out first".

I didn't mean to imply that just because a teller says he/she pulls all the silver means that no silver can be found at that location. Rolls can be missed, some tellers do not know about 40%ers, the teller can be straight up lying, etc. There are a variety of ways it can happen. If I'm buying, I'll buy all they have even if the teller tells me that they have all been searched. But, when it comes time to dump, I would much rather take them to a bank where the tellers pull the silver as a bank where I am unsure.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom