Jaichim24
Sr. Member
UPDATE: 1655-1658 French Liard coin!
****UPDATE:Thank you Iron Patch for the awesome ID on this coin. It turns out this is a French Liard coin, and based on the Crowned Bust it dates from 1655-1658
I found this while detecting this past weekend. This site has produced 5-6 KGI's a 1699 KW, 3 or so KG II's and many other period relics. This one I think is a Rosa American Half Penny, what do you all think?
It is the correct size, and appears to have a bust facing right. It is SUPER worn, almost slick. I cannot make anything out on the back.
Let me know what you all think.
****UPDATE:Thank you Iron Patch for the awesome ID on this coin. It turns out this is a French Liard coin, and based on the Crowned Bust it dates from 1655-1658
I found this while detecting this past weekend. This site has produced 5-6 KGI's a 1699 KW, 3 or so KG II's and many other period relics. This one I think is a Rosa American Half Penny, what do you all think?
It is the correct size, and appears to have a bust facing right. It is SUPER worn, almost slick. I cannot make anything out on the back.
Let me know what you all think.
Attachments
-
20160503_075701.webp145.3 KB · Views: 227 -
20160503_075659.webp141.8 KB · Views: 214 -
20160503_075514.webp80.2 KB · Views: 205 -
20160503_075519.webp100.2 KB · Views: 215 -
20160503_075545.webp103.6 KB · Views: 206 -
20160503_075547.webp78 KB · Views: 202 -
1-Liard-A-B-C-D-E-G-I-K-R.webp31.3 KB · Views: 176 -
1-Liard-A-B-C-D-E-G-I-K-R-back.webp35.3 KB · Views: 194 -
Liard-Louis-XIV-1656-D-trefle.webp132.1 KB · Views: 168
Last edited:
Upvote
12







