What's new

Rotated coins in rolls

NailGun

Tenderfoot
Joined
Dec 21, 2009
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
Thanks to the inspiration of the sticky at the top of this forum, I did some coin roll hunting this weekend. I picked up a few rolls of halves at the bank, and went through the change in a big change jar I had. I didn't find any silver. I did find a couple of quarters that were very slightly rotated, probably 5-10 degrees. Are these considered rotations, and are they worth anything?
 
Upvote 0
If they are rotated state quarters, than they might be worth a little over face value. The more the rotation, the more the value. It will be worth less if its not a state quarter though.
 
Coins4Cheese said:
If they are rotated state quarters, than they might be worth a little over face value. The more the rotation, the more the value. It will be worth less if its not a state quarter though.

They are not state quarters, so I'll throw them back into the return pile. Thanks!
 
NailGun said:
Coins4Cheese said:
If they are rotated state quarters, than they might be worth a little over face value. The more the rotation, the more the value. It will be worth less if its not a state quarter though.

They are not state quarters, so I'll throw them back into the return pile. Thanks!

Wait! Even if they're not, they might command a SLIGHT premium. I'll hold on to them nevertheless.
 
the mint control thing passes anything under15% its on the us mint website no rotation for premium
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom