ROV kit for sale

bigkahuna

Tenderfoot
Nov 15, 2009
Just about everything you need to build a professional grade mini ROV. I spent nearly $5,000 assembling these components but just don't have the time and energy to finish this project. Some basic electrical and mechanical knowledge will be necessary to complete this project, but there's tons of info and a great forum on the internet for information and advice. Most components are new / never used while others have only been used in order to test them. Although everything worked perfectly when last checked, I offer no warranties or returns. Open to all reasonable offers.

DIY ROV Kit Inventory:

4 - ProtaCraft thrusters - brushless motors, oil/fluid compensated, 60mm props, 12v 1 to 10amps draw, with waterproof pigtails and bulkhead connectors, rated to 250+ foot.
1 - Set of spares for thrusters: motor, o-rings, prop, 3 spare shaft seals, extra compensating fluid.
1 - ProtaCraft aluminum housing - O-Ring sealed, with watertight ports, rated to 250+ foot.
1 - ProtaCraft clear acrylic housing - O-Ring sealed, with watertight ports, aluminum brackets with servo for camera, rated to 250+ foot, with spare acrylic tube.
100+ feet - Outland Tech high performance, negatively buoyant ROV tether.
1 - Carved Divinycel foam block
1 - Panasonic mini board type cameras 5 vdc
2 - 12 vdc LED light assembly
1 - T6061 aluminum ROV frame with stainless steel fittings.
1 - Parallax servo controller
2 - RS232 to RS485 converters
3 - Castle Creations Sidewinder high amp brushless motor controllers
1 - Castle Creations brushless motor controller programmer
1 - 48 vdc to 12vdc voltage converter
1 - 115/220 vac to 48 vdc 500 watt power supply

Attachments

• DIY_ROV01small.JPG
    DIY_ROV01small.JPG
    70.7 KB · Views: 8,529

ScubaFinder

Bronze Member
Jul 11, 2006
Tampa, FL
Detector(s) used
AquaPulse AQ1B - AquaPulse DX-200 Magnetometer
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Out of curiosity, what were you planning to purchase to complete it? It still needs a control box and PIC board , no? I've used Castle's ESC's before and know how to set them up. I'm an electronics tinkerer who's not afraid of my soldering iron. I've been looking at doing an ROV for a long time, and it looks like you have a nice start. Just curious what kind of time and money you were thinking to complete what you have started.

Thanks,

Jason

Trond

Mar 23, 2006
Norway
Detector(s) used
XP Goldmaxx Power.
Jason, why dont you get a seaotter or a videoray. i see them for sale at reasonable prices in the US from time to time.

OP
OP
B

bigkahuna

Tenderfoot
Nov 15, 2009
Hi Jason,

It's not a matter of more things to get, but rather, not having enough free time to finish the project that keeps me from finishing it. The kit includes all the major components and how you finish it is really up to you. Lots of room, both in the housings and on the open aluminum frame, for both expansion and customization.

Thanks for your interest,

BigK

FISHEYE

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2004
lake mary florida
Detector(s) used
Chasing Dory ROV,Swellpro Splash 2 pro waterproof drone,Swellpro Spry+ wa,Wesmar SHD700SS Side Scan Sonar,U/W Mac 1 Turbo Aquasound by American Electronics,Fisher 1280x,Aquasound UW md,Aqua pulse AQ1B
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Trying to find the time to put a ROV together is hard for me too.I have everything here to build one,even have a real F-16 joystick for the controls,even have a few 90lb thrust thrusters.All kinds of cameras and houseings to put them in.Some that will stay dry at 1000 feet.I wanted to build a ROV that would fly underwater and be able to move it side to side.To many other projects im working on now to mess with it.Looks like a winter project for me.Anyone want to help build it?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread