cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry to hear. Losing hunting buddy friends is always tough. So many great memories.

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi All, You may already know this sad new, but I just spoke with Roy's wife today and found he passed last summer. Roy was an amazing man as well as Treasure Hunter. May God Bless his soul!
Sorry for the loss of Your Hunting Buddy. Prayers for You and his Family.

Mackaydon

Gold Member
Oct 26, 2004
N. San Diego Pic of my 2 best 'finds'; son & g/son
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Roy passed away on June 6th of last year. He was 96 years young.
I would not be surprised if he is posthumously awarded the Medal of Honor for his heroic actions in WWII.
Fifty years ago, Roy got me interested in metal detecting through a Metal Detecting class he gave at UCLA.
Here's my entry from last December (not knowing he has passed).

www.saturdayeveningpost.com

A World War II Hero Remembers Guadalcanal | The Saturday Evening Post

World War II veteran Roy Roush recalls his frontline experiences at the Battle of Guadalcanal.
Don....
PS: I believe a celebration of his life will be given at the LA Adventurer's Club in the future.

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Roy passed away on June 6th of last year. He was 96 years young.
I would not be surprised if he is posthumously awarded the Medal of Honor for his heroic actions in WWII.
Fifty years ago, Roy got me interested in metal detecting through a Metal Detecting class he gave at UCLA.
Here's my entry from last December (not knowing he has passed).

A World War II Hero Remembers Guadalcanal | The Saturday Evening Post

World War II veteran Roy Roush recalls his frontline experiences at the Battle of Guadalcanal.
Don....
PS: I believe a celebration of his life will be given at the LA Adventurer's Club in the future.
Mackaydon your speaking of Roy speaks HIGHLY of HIM and ALSO of YOU !!! I am proud to be a friend of yours on TNET 111

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread