RTG PRO ALUMINUM 6" TRAVEL WATER SCOOP

POPPA

Bronze Member
Apr 2, 2005
(SOLD) RTG PRO ALUMINUM 6" TRAVEL WATER SCOOP

(SOLD) 6" travel water scoop. It is a lightweight shallow water and beach scoop. The aluminum bucket has 5/8" diameter holes punched into the sides and the back of the scoop. The bucket of the sand scoop is 6 " in diameter by 11" long. The aluminum 1-1/4" diameter handle is welded to the top of at a 20 degree so you can use your foot on the back of this scoop to push it into the sand. The handle comes apart in the middle so it can fit into a suitcase for traveling. There is a T-top reinforced aluminum bar to give this scoop durability. The handle is 40" long with an over length of 48" long. The handle has an rubber hand grip for comfort. Made in the U.S.A. by Reilly's Treasured Gold. If your traveling this is the scoop for you! This is an excellent choice for a long handle scoop. (SOLD) shipped. I only ship to lower 48 states.

Last edited:

4reale

Jul 29, 2008
Jupiter, FL
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ 20
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Kevin makes a good scoop - he's been out there digging longer than most of us. I used this scoop once, in Jamaica back in 1993 - gravelly beaches on the SW coast (wrecked by Hurricane Gilbert [9/12/88, as a cat 3 storm]), nice sand on the Northern beaches (built up by the same hurricane), which evolved into the biggest Atlantic basin hurricane until Wilma in October of 2005.

Prognosis - I didn't like the way it scooped. And the twisting involved with trying to yank a target out of a sucking wet hole full of sand, shells and rock (and hopefully, the target) found the handle twisting loose a half turn or so, completely changing the dynamics of the way the scoop felt. I stuck with my Beach Brute scoop, a 54" tall, 6 quart monster that I have used to dig up a car's engine at 6 ft. deep in Carlin Park, Jupiter, FL., in 1992. Took me an hour and a half to dig that one, just to find out what was down there, encased in coquina coral. A flathead 6 cylinder, plugs still in place.

OP
OP
P

POPPA

Bronze Member
Apr 2, 2005
well this handle won't move that's for sure. poppa

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread