Ruger 10 - 22

Jon Stewart

Bronze Member
Jan 11, 2011
I went to the Tucson rock and Gem show and had some time to waste waiting for my friends to fly in so I went looking for yard sales. I ran into just one estate sale. It was a female type sale with lots of clothes and house hold stuff and then I asked that question, any hunting stuff, archery or gun. She said she had a gun that was her mothers. We went to her closet and she pulled out a camo gun case. I figured it was a 22 rifle because it was so short. She handed it to me and I pulled out a like new Ruger 10-22. It was in great shape and did not have that generic Ruger maple stock but a beautiful stock on it. I asked how much and she said, make and offer. I told her 50 dollars and she threw out her hand and said, sold, I just want it out of the house.

Sometimes these things happen!!

Nice, good thing you asked!

I went to the Tucson rock and Gem show and had some time to waste waiting for my friends to fly in so I went looking for yard sales. I ran into just one estate sale. It was a female type sale with lots of clothes and house hold stuff and then I asked that question, any hunting stuff, archery or gun. She said she had a gun that was her mothers. We went to her closet and she pulled out a camo gun case. I figured it was a 22 rifle because it was so short. She handed it to me and I pulled out a like new Ruger 10-22. It was in great shape and did not have that generic Ruger maple stock but a beautiful stock on it. I asked how much and she said, make and offer. I told her 50 dollars and she threw out her hand and said, sold, I just want it out of the house.

Sometimes these things happen!!

Thousands of rounds fired and not ONE problem,nice little piece.

Cant go wrong with a 10-22, loads of accessory options.

This will be my 4th one. I find them and pass them on the grandkids. This one has a very nice colored stock on it. Also came with th scope mount.

Nice find. Great little plinkers stock or excellent platforms for build custom .

Well done! :occasion14:

I currently own a T/C clone and absolutely love it. Ruger is my American choice, SIGSauer is my European choice. anyone have a pre-88 SIG 551 for sale, cheap? lol

I had a 10-22 for a short time. A fellow miner with a young wife and kid owed me money like maybe a hundredand fifty bucks. He asked if he could make partial payment with a 10-22 he said he got for his birthday or something like that. I told him I'll credit him fifty bucks for the gun for the money owed. So after a while he came by and asked if he could borrow his old gun to shoot with some friends. I told him sure and didn't think much about him bringing it back until after a month or so I then wondered why he never brought it back. When I went to his mobile home I found out he had quit his job and moved on somewhere. Sure wished he'd a brought it back, as that's a fun little plinking rifle to go shoot bottles and cans with.

I have bought 3 different ones for my grandsons, they make many different models of the 10-22. They definitely fun plinkers.

Best mass produced .22 ever EVER Nail drivers and so reliable. Now Have you seen the Ruger .44 magnum pistol ammo carbine in the 10 22 frame? Whoooop that is 10 22 on steroids :)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back