What's new

Rust Removal - Video

Froggie

Jr. Member
Joined
Feb 19, 2007
Messages
78
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
Location
Stafford Virginia
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tejon
I have done this on rusted car parts and it works great
Embedded media from this media site is no longer available
 
Froggie,

I just came to the Cleaning & Preservation forum to post the same exact video from Metacafe!!

Everyone who wants to try electrolysis should watch this video, especially if you want to keep from ruining your finds. Take note of the size of the part he's cleaning (an exhaust manifold that must weigh 8+ lbs). His power supply is 2 AMP. Try using a power supply that large on items of less mass and you better be quick with the on/off switch.

For most coin sized objects (even big coins) I've found that a power supply of 100 - 150mA is enough. Low and slow is the key.

MP
 
Right on , MM. I left a 1918 wheat in a solution of salt water at 350 mAh for and hour or more and ate it.....time is of the essence...dip...aaaaand....brush....dip....aaaaaand.....brush.....
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom