S.M.A.R.T. = Southern Maryland Artifact Recovery Team

bmanofnbc

Dec 20, 2004
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter SSII & Fisher F75
If you're in southern Maryland and interested in joining a club, We meet on the first Monday of each month at 7:00 at the ELK's Lodge on Dares Beach Rd. in Prince Frederick, MD 20678

There is usually about 10-15 members at each meeting.
Feel free to come to a few meeting to decide if you wish to join.
($15 for single membership or $20 for family membership per year)

Mike, it would be at least an hour drive for you. Maybe an hour and a half.
Have you looked into the MARS club? They would be closer to you.
If you are still interested in coming to a meeting send me an email.
[email protected]

Thanks,
Bryan

I do not have a detector, have never gone detecting before, but would love to go with somebody sometime.? If anybody is interested, I am the President of my Home Owner's Association, and the HOA owns 70 odd acres of woods.? I am in Mechanicsville/Charlotte Hall area.
Thanks,
Steve

Thanks for the offer Huntr1!!!
Is that land being used for deer hunting now?
I'm sure a few of our members would like to check out those woods. Are there any old houses or foundations or anything out there?

I'll send you an email.

I have never seen any old foundations or anything like that back there. There is a creek though. I am not sure if we can get to it thru the woods, but if we can, I do know where there is an old falling down house. I will try to find out who owns the property for permission. I also have access to a large farm up by Waldorf where we could probably hunt. I have animal hunting permission there, and since the property is going to be developed in the next couple years, I do not see any problem getting MD'ing permission.

With hunting season upon us, Sundays would be best for MD'ing. Between Deer Hunting/Scouts/Soccer, my Saturdays are booked.

I have a friend who lives on what used to be an Amish farm. They are constantly finding stuff coming up thru the dirt. I inagine that I could probably get permission for their property too. Their kids would love to watch too I am sure.

It sounds like you've got the bug already & you don't even have a detector yet! ;D

Let me know when you want to give it a try. We can go to a school or park for you to learn the basics before we go out to the woods.

The wife has just thrown a wrench in my schedule. She does daycare, and is getting accreditted, and has an indepth interview and inspection coming up. I now have a 3 page honeydo list to complete before I can get out MDing. It will probably be December by then.

Not a problem, maybe some of the poison ivy vines & stuff will have died down by then.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back