Sacagawea dollar?

Fred

Apr 3, 2003
Princeton,BC,Canada
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT
Tell you what guys. Our loonies($! coin) are sort of gold colored and I would be only too happy to sell them to anyone who is interested for 2 dollars(prepaid). That would almost make it worth having them,at least for a Canadian. Same deal for our twonies($@ coin). The twonies make great smallbore targets.lol Fred

Dave (Pa)

Mar 19, 2003
Dunmore, Pa.
History of the Dollar Coin...

If you take a look at the actual sales prices of the Ike and Susan B. on ebay or othe sites, Dollar for Dollar it's better to save Pennys.
I've got a small collection of Sackashitsus but there all choics unc. and I'm hopeing for a rare date. The Mint stoped issueing them now and there only "made to order" buy delers and in the mint bags and rolls.

LOL finding current dates out in cerculation

Lasivian

May 23, 2003
Spokane, Washington
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
Damn Dollars

The mint originally said not to keep them as collectors items as they would be minting a massive amount of them, but it seems the public has recieved them very poorly.. most likely due to their total lack of use (I mean find me a vending machine that takes the damn things).

lab rat

May 21, 2003
Sunny Southern CA Coast
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
That and they look really ugly after being on the beach after a few days-- they tarnish badly and turn an ugly brown. You'd think the Mint would do research on metallurgy for such things before committing to the expense of producing a new issue. Of course, the Gov't could force them into use by ending the issue of paper $1 bills.

coinshooter

Bronze Member
Mar 20, 2003
So. Cal.
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was really hoping these would stick around. After all, they were like finding 100 pennies at once! Think of all the bending over they were saving us. I'll bet the gov't didn't know they were detering an exercise program by producing these! wink

Attachments

• DSCN0884.JPG
    DSCN0884.JPG
    43 KB · Views: 26
  • DSCN0885.JPG
    DSCN0885.JPG
    45.7 KB · Views: 27

Dave (Pa)

Mar 19, 2003
Dunmore, Pa.
I think that's a good idea! Buy the time your kids kids are interested it your anteque detector thay might be worth something! beeing thet money will be extinced by then.......

Attachments

• aussie schillings.jpg
    aussie schillings.jpg
    24.1 KB · Views: 25
  • clewiston-car.jpg
    clewiston-car.jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 16
  • shot up quarter.jpg
    shot up quarter.jpg
    19.3 KB · Views: 19
  • elephant ring.jpg
    elephant ring.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 21
  • sterling ring 1.jpg
    sterling ring 1.jpg
    30.5 KB · Views: 20
  • spanish silver back.jpg
    spanish silver back.jpg
    24 KB · Views: 42

Trezurehunter

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Illinois / Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 - Fisher CZ 5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found one with a metal detector -- was badly tarnished. My wife ownes a retail business, & she has only received 2 of them as payment, since they came out. Like coinshooter said, its better than digging 100 pennies !!

coinshooter

Bronze Member
Mar 20, 2003
So. Cal.
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey all! Went out on my lunch hr to the beach and found $2.22 in change and guess what? A Sack o dollar! I actually have been finding more of these recently. Every time I find one, it gets my heart pumping thinking that I have found an old crusty gold piece that a tourist has dropped off a chain. Most of them are pretty much unrecognizable after 20 mins in the sand.

Hardpan

Mar 20, 2003
Sac Bux

I have not seen one in my change in many moons but, I'm not surprised, they're no substitute for money. Actually,when drilled near the edge, they make an outstanding fishing weight! Nuff said, Hardpan

mercuryman

Apr 30, 2003
Lexington, NE
I cash my Ebay checks, and get the money in Sac and Susie B.s, It is a lot harder for me to spend a roll of dollars, than it is to spend a 20 and a 5. I have about 150 dollars worth or so, and when I do spend them people think I am wierd.

OP
OP
blazen70

blazen70

Apr 20, 2003
Inland Empire, CA
Detector(s) used
GTI 2500
It is a lot harder for me to spend a roll of dollars, than it is to spend a 20 and a 5.

That's actually a great idea! Then maybe my wife won't be able to spend it faster than I can make it! LOL! 8)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread