What's new

Sack of coins in Wills Creek ?Cumberland,Area

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
⛭ Moderator
🥇 Charter Member
Joined
Dec 19, 2003
Messages
96,803
Reaction score
76,243
Golden Thread
2
🥇 Banner finds
1
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Cumberland Evening Times​

Cumberland, Maryland · Friday, May 12, 1961

000aaa.webp
 
Thanks for the tip… I know where that is.
Gotta be washed away long ago…. That creek can and has become a raging river with the flooding rains. Might be in the Upper Patomic by now.
 
Yea I Agree ! Creeks, Like Rivers Move plenty.
You can Look on the upper side of Boulders, if any Exist for Catches Though :coffee2:
 
The article doesn't say whether or not the coins were recovered, but I presume they were. This is partly because the police were chasing them, and knew where the coins were thrown, and partly because the exact amount is given, which seems hard to know precisely without having it in hand to count it.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom