Sad to say but this is not first time ive dug this type of coin

michael NY

Nov 4, 2007
USA
Detector(s) used
Etrac, Coinstrike, F70, Explorer XS, Sovereign XS, Spectrum, IDX PRO.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I really thought its a token from the writeing and weight very light. Again was I skunked its ready?...ugh play money 50c:censored::censored:..I dug another kind that came in a pack of gum a while back. But it is kinda unique with the Buck on this one. A step above a pulltabs,Thanks for looking HH
Michael 1027201342.jpg1027201343.jpg

Upvote 12
I'm always Happy when I dig them.

Mint Numbers are Way Below a 1916 D Dime

I've dug a coin from that set as well. Had me going for a few minutes, but kinda cool. I think it was a set of play money that was made in Japan back in the 1950. Nice find!

That’s a cool find in my book! :occasion14:

I had always wanted to dig a piece of play money. Then I dug three this year but each one was toasted.... I finally dug one a few weeks ago that was in good shape! ......“Good shape” that is before I nailed it with my digger :BangHead:

225AEFD1-7BB9-4F9B-A2D6-55CE8C380479.jpeg
DD4BB797-B119-4860-93D4-1183DE7A6BE1.jpeg

Thanks for shareing, it is neat

thanks for shareing nice find.

Anyone who's dug one (me included) gets to experience such a fast range of emotions- thought I had my first trime once and was stoked, then so disappointed when I realized what it was. Oh well, on to the next!

Those are still neat finds to me.

Not a bad find... just not a real coin. They are kind of cool to find. Here's a Henny Penny I found years ago.

Attachments

• chickenfeed1.jpg
    chickenfeed1.jpg
    13.7 KB · Views: 146
  • chickenfeed2.jpg
    chickenfeed2.jpg
    14.6 KB · Views: 144
Last edited:
What I thought was my first trime was a chicken feed coin. I had to go to therapy for weeks. I got my first trime a few months later.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back