What's new

Safari find this week

timelord

Sr. Member
Joined
Sep 1, 2014
Messages
263
Reaction score
466
Golden Thread
0
Location
Sheboygan WI
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari
Fisher F5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thought I'd share my great find to encourage all Safari users. 1881 and 1892CC Morgan Dollars, farm Field finds.

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1505101902.994882.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1505101930.046384.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1505101959.048296.webp
 
At last, someone else uses a Safari as well. At first I did not care for it, but now I do like it, one day it just "clicked" for me. I really enjoy the 5x8 SEF coil for it. Two Morgan's?, and if that isn't enough, CC mark. Nice, very nice. What do YOU use on settings. I only use relic or all metal, depending on where, and it really does well on salt beaches, wet/dry sand. No water, would be rather sad to trip and fall, and fry the machine. Again, very nice silver you found. I do split my hunting between the Safari and the AT Pro. Different tools for different jobs sort of thing. All I need to do now is to find a silver dollar, something I've yet to do after all these years.
 
wow great finds!
 
Bet it blew your ears off with a flutey 39!
Congrats!
 
What a great find:icon_thumright:, I would rather find that than one of the gold rings that are dug up my local beaches. And yes I love my Safari too.:occasion14:
 
wow those are excellent finds, two to boot !!!!! curious what tone you heard. I just got my safari a couple days ago. tested a morgan and it rang up 34 laying on the grass.
 
The 1881 was really a shaky signal and came in at 37 the reason it was on edge. The 1892CC was a solid 37 thought it was going to be a dime but nope another Morgan. I was using my 15" WOT at the time, the coins were only 4" deep. Most of my silver never comes in at 39, mostly 37-38 and sometimes 36. So everything 36 up gets dug.

If you want to hear about the dig check out this podcast, excuse the problems they are learning how to run a live podcast. Advance to 16min that's where I start talking about the finds.


https://youtu.be/EPH5ttBwcuI
 
The 1881 was really a shaky signal and came in at 37 the reason it was on edge. The 1892CC was a solid 37 thought it was going to be a dime but nope another Morgan. I was using my 15" WOT at the time, the coins were only 4" deep. Most of my silver never comes in at 39, mostly 37-38 and sometimes 36. So everything 36 up gets dug.

If you want to hear about the dig check out this podcast, excuse the problems they are learning how to run a live podcast. Advance to 16min that's where I start talking about the finds.


https://youtu.be/EPH5ttBwcuI

Very interesting on the tone response. I've always suspected that individual machines can vary a bit. Or maybe the WOT changes things up...?
 
Wow! Very good. Congratulations!
 
Congratualtions on the times two big silver! :notworthy:
 
Timelord, first I'd like to Congratulate you on some fantastic finds on those coins. I'm glad to hear from some Minelab Safari users here. I live in Georgia and I am primarily a CW Relic Hunter. I use the Whites MXT PRO and I really like this metal detector. I looked hard at the Safari hard before I wound up buying the MXT. At the time Minelab was getting some pretty bad reviews by many loyal Minelab users regarding customer service and repair and warranty issues. I would like to hear from some of the Safari users as to what their personal reviews are on the Safari. I also like the Minelab GPX models but couldn't justify spending this much on a detector. I'm 61 and retired and the Safari would better fit my budget. I guess my main question would be if the Minelab Safari might have a little more depth than the Whites MXT PRO. Any response would be greatly appreciated.
 
Timelord, first I'd like to Congratulate you on some fantastic finds on those coins. I'm glad to hear from some Minelab Safari users here. I live in Georgia and I am primarily a CW Relic Hunter. I use the Whites MXT PRO and I really like this metal detector. I looked hard at the Safari hard before I wound up buying the MXT. At the time Minelab was getting some pretty bad reviews by many loyal Minelab users regarding customer service and repair and warranty issues. I would like to hear from some of the Safari users as to what their personal reviews are on the Safari. I also like the Minelab GPX models but couldn't justify spending this much on a detector. I'm 61 and retired and the Safari would better fit my budget. I guess my main question would be if the Minelab Safari might have a little more depth than the Whites MXT PRO. Any response would be greatly appreciated.

First Let me say the MXT Pro is a great machine, that's what I had been using and sold when I switch to my Safari. It's just the safari in my opinion is a better machine for the type of detecting I do most, and that is S. CA beaches. It handle the wet sand like no one's biz, and goes deep I have recovered pennies, quarters, dimes, etc over 14" in the wet and over 12" in the dry. The ring I pulled up yesterday was 10" down in the wet sand, a 5.3 gram 14K white gold and a strong signal.
All I can say for sure is that my finds double to what it was before I started using the Safari.
I had took 2 months from hunting this summer because of a back injury, and as yesterday my clad total is $355.80, 19 rings, 7 were gold. I have been hunting a very long time I go out 2 days a week and I have never done this good with any other machine I have ever owned.

The down side is the safari is heavy, (4lbs) I use a sling. It eat AA batteries for lunch (I bought a RNB battery) these items solved those problem.

So be prepared to dig deep because you will find all those targets that the others missed.:occasion14:
 
Thanks for the reply CLV. I have heard this from several Safari owners. I'm surprised that there aren't many videos on Utube featuring safari being used for Relic Hunting.
 
My Safari is my main wet sand and dry sand beach machine that has replaced my CZ-20/Excal 2 for days i do not plan on getting in the water. As stated above it is deep or deeper than the others i mentioned at a sens of 18 and higher. Stable, good ID and great on low conductors like nickels and medium to large gold. But please get good headphones for the Safari, set on Jewelry conductive noise cancel and you are good to go. Now if only Minelab had better customer service.
 
Last edited:
Great find....the fbs technology is still killer.....

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk
 
I think the Safari is underestimated, I’ve gone to park that have been hunted out(so they say) and recovered so much good stuff. It takes time to learn and that may be a problem for some but once you do you will kill it in the field. These finds I’ll post 80% are from those hunted out parks. If your in the market maybe the Equinox will suit your need when it comes out next year, I know I’m going to be looking at it after reading some real reviews.

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1506913024.279052.webp

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1506913067.883948.webp

These picks do not include this years finds....
 
The safari is by far the best machine I have ever used. The thing pretty much speaks to you. I couldn't imagine not owning it. I also have a Tesoro sand shark for when I'm in saltwater.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom