I may be off base here and I can't speak for everyone, although I think the majority thinks as I do. Speaking for me when I post my relics I like comments good or bad I guess I am showing off a little bit but I personaly think every relic deserves some sort of comment. My last two posts have had 196 views and one reply and that was my brother. I have a lot of relics not seen by anyone in 30 years give or take a few years. I would like to think they are interesting to someone besides Dharmacy and Mike, thank you both for your interest. I know everyone viewing is not a member but out of 200 come on. I guess I am wasting my time if they are not interested. It says the Civil War thread is to discuss relics maybe if I put a rock on there and said it was a belt plate I might get some replies. I apologize for the tantrum I just really thought my relics were nice. again I apologize!
I love ,em all, I wish that I could post all my stuff (nobody in the family really cares) & 'it seems' at the Club unless its a plate , Carved Badge , Shell, or Confederate button , seem's to barley get a mention . Heck my rough tin-back 'I''s only 1 or 3 out of 35+ said "Nice Digs" 'At my Club , so I quit taking my finds in unless they meet the "high bar" set by the Vet, diggers. + they no longer give a prize for find's of the month. Why even have it.
The CW Section don't get that many views but still more comments would be nice , a 1958 Wheat Cent will get more views / likes than most or our relics, on Today's Finds .
Hell Don't need likes to know I got something special or i'd post in todays finds but my finds are usually a Month or more old by the time I clean them up.
Joe I know yr not "Showing Off" yr actually educating & even learning some yourself.
Like I told A11, I want to see every crushed General Service Button or fired .31 -.36 caliber balls he digs, as they all are a part of the history of his area & our country.
Please Keep posting , I have been offline more lately ,especially this past week as my Humble Uncle suddenly was called home to Heaven.
&
One of my Machines quit working , that triggered my OCD Worry.
Like I said I hope to picture all my 'dig's' someday , & not be like the National Parks & box them up in storage for no-one to ever see.
I thank you for your time & effort to document & show us your finds, tho many make me Green with envy. lol
Davers
I just want to add that when it comes to Find of the Month at my Club , I have to contend 2 times a year with the Guy's who pay Big Bucks to go to DIV, nothing wrong with DIV's , but when my local relics have to contend with 'Shaler's' , & all types of Camp relics & 'Shells' like in the Fall Hunt I think it was , it's hardly fair. Oh Well.