- Joined
- Aug 18, 2007
- Messages
- 3,860
- Reaction score
- 1,939
- Golden Thread
- 3
- Location
- Rochester,Minnesota
- 🥇 Banner finds
- 3
- Detector(s) used
- Minelab Etrac
Nokta marko simplex
- Primary Interest:
- Metal Detecting
I got out woods hunting this after noon and started a new area on the side of a hill.
It wasn't long and I got a 75 reading on the DFX and I'm thinking silver.
I started digging and I see leather so I widen the hole to be carefull.
The leather was two inches down and the lowest point of the leather was six inches.
I pulled at the leather pouch and it came out and the coins slide out on the dirt
and that's when I seen two gold coins laying on top of each other.
Man I finaly got gold and wasn't sure what they were untill I got home right after I showed MPfish
My neighbor and detecting friend. He keep puting one in his pocket and I was saying don't rub them.
They both are 1914-s Saint-Gaudens,Twenty.Dollar gold. There is writing on the edge
e plu.ri.bus u.num. "Latin. One out of many. The motto of the U.S." and 13 stars.
Yes i'm very happy . It's my first and second gold coins ever. I have pounded that place many a day and a lot of days I came home with nothing.
I'll try to borrow mikes camera with macro setting to get better pic's since my camera is only for general picture takeing. I hope you all can experiance the finding of a gold coin or two.
rodgerdodger
It wasn't long and I got a 75 reading on the DFX and I'm thinking silver.
I started digging and I see leather so I widen the hole to be carefull.
The leather was two inches down and the lowest point of the leather was six inches.
I pulled at the leather pouch and it came out and the coins slide out on the dirt
and that's when I seen two gold coins laying on top of each other.
Man I finaly got gold and wasn't sure what they were untill I got home right after I showed MPfish
My neighbor and detecting friend. He keep puting one in his pocket and I was saying don't rub them.
They both are 1914-s Saint-Gaudens,Twenty.Dollar gold. There is writing on the edge
e plu.ri.bus u.num. "Latin. One out of many. The motto of the U.S." and 13 stars.
Yes i'm very happy . It's my first and second gold coins ever. I have pounded that place many a day and a lot of days I came home with nothing.
I'll try to borrow mikes camera with macro setting to get better pic's since my camera is only for general picture takeing. I hope you all can experiance the finding of a gold coin or two.
rodgerdodger
Attachments
-
my greatest day detecting 001.webp13 KB · Views: 8,114 -
more pics 004.webp22.5 KB · Views: 7,472 -
more pics 003.webp32.4 KB · Views: 7,435 -
more pics 002.webp56.8 KB · Views: 7,717 -
more pics 001.webp23.5 KB · Views: 7,497 -
new pics 005.webp12.8 KB · Views: 7,523 -
new pics 004.webp22.5 KB · Views: 7,557 -
new pics 003.webp22 KB · Views: 7,570 -
new pics 002.webp19.7 KB · Views: 7,606 -
woods-april 24, 005.webp14.7 KB · Views: 7,898 -
my greatest day detecting 002.webp17.6 KB · Views: 7,983
. BTW, one of our club members also just found 2 1928 Saint Gaudens 20's. They were found in one of Detroit's oldest parks, in an area of the park affectionately called " robber's roost " a very dangerous park to hunt alone. Check them out at
it at least lifts me to nkow there's still something out there waiting for me, just ogtta be in the right place, and at the right settings! Congrats (if there aren't enough of them) on a wonderful find. Glad to know you're keeping them and not selling. 






