What's new

Saint Lazarus figure but missing mount

Syrena Hunter

Full Member
Joined
Nov 30, 2004
Messages
203
Reaction score
12
Golden Thread
0
Location
Palm Beach
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II 1000
Minelab Excalibur-800
Cobra
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found this St Lazarus solid gold 14k figure with a ruby in a local swimming hole at the beach in Puerto Rico. It is not a stand alone pendent. On the back side there appears to be solder droplets that are corroded. I am thinking this was attached to something. Any ideas?. Also, it is curved as if it was wrapped around something about the size of a beer bottle neck. I was told this area has a sunken ship and gold bars were found and a movie/TV special will be made on the gold findings. (I was told this a day before I found St Lazarus). I found it buried in 18 inches of sand standing in four feet of ocean. It looked just as it does in the pic when I found it last week, no cleaning required ;D. Thanks for any input you may share.
 

Attachments

  • Photo on 2010-09-28 at 20.50.webp
    Photo on 2010-09-28 at 20.50.webp
    18.8 KB · Views: 189
  • IMG_0401.webp
    IMG_0401.webp
    149.5 KB · Views: 190
  • IMG_0402.webp
    IMG_0402.webp
    151.7 KB · Views: 204
  • IMG_0408.webp
    IMG_0408.webp
    29.2 KB · Views: 173
I don't think it is very old. It appears to be bright cut. Not a technique that has been done for very long.
 
Upvote 0
It appears that it was cast then ground down on the back. Seems to have been attached to something at two points on the top and the bottom. If it was not cruddy it is probably gold. I have found things like this in the ocean that came from a crematorial urn. Just a guess. What ever it is :icon_thumright: cool find. Tony
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom