• HPIM0247 (Small).JPG
    HPIM0247 (Small).JPG
    110 KB · Views: 504

godisnum1

Silver Member
May 7, 2005
Saint Petersburg, FL
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend Pro Pack, Nokta Legend WHP w/ LG24 coil, Nokta Pulse Dive Pinpointer, White's IDX Pro (x2), Vibraprobe 570
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome pic's SEMO!!
Looks like a place I'd go hiking & camping...
:thumbsup:

Bran <><

camb1

Bronze Member
Dec 11, 2006
Southern Illinois
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur 1000 & Explorer SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have always loved that park. I used to camp there a lot up to 10 years ago when I sold my camper. I just bought another last month.

OP
OP
ron of SEMO

ron of SEMO

Jan 20, 2005
S. E. Missouri
TreasureTales said:
Looks very serene. Were other people nearby? Did you go alone? Please be careful if you go alone. Nice photos, thanks for sharing with us.

I hiked for 5 hours to get to the backpack camp, I was the only one there, which was kind of nice, was real quiet. Sometime through the night some deer came through and "winded" me and made the scariest noise, sent chills down my spine till I realized it was just deer. This happened to me 3 times through the night, has a tendency to wake you up real fast. Ron

OP
OP
ron of SEMO

ron of SEMO

Jan 20, 2005
S. E. Missouri
TreasureTales said:
ron of SEMO said:
TreasureTales said:
Looks very serene. Were other people nearby? Did you go alone? Please be careful if you go alone. Nice photos, thanks for sharing with us.

I hiked for 5 hours to get to the backpack camp, I was the only one there, which was kind of nice, was real quiet. Sometime through the night some deer came through and "winded" me and made the scariest noise, sent chills down my spine till I realized it was just deer. This happened to me 3 times through the night, has a tendency to wake you up real fast. Ron

Yikes! Being startled awake 3 times in 1 night is awful. Were they whitetail deer? I have heard that whitetails do make a kind of scream or shriek when frightened. Creepy. But better to be awakened by deer than Bigfoot. LOL
When I heard the first noise, that is exactly what went through my mind ,Sasquatch!!

Needle

Dec 24, 2007
Roseburg, Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's-GMT
:) Being scared and awakened at night reminds me of the story my stepmother used to tell of her childhood.

Her family had a homestead up on the Callahan Mountains back during the Depression Days.

She was the youngest of the children, she had 3 older brothers and a sister.

Seven people lived in a one room cabin, the children all slept in a loft.

She would tell of the screams of the cougars at night, She said they sounded like a hysterical screaming woman right outside the walls of the little cabin.

I'm glad I don't have to try to sleep through that activity!

Might be a Good Alarm Clock noise though for getting you out of bed and wide awake?

camb1

Bronze Member
Dec 11, 2006
Southern Illinois
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur 1000 & Explorer SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I love this campground. I remember going over to Pedmount to the old drive-in looking at the old cars when they had a 50's weekend. I loved snorkeling north of the bridge. Great swimming areas.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread