What's new

San Antonio

Louie79

Jr. Member
Joined
Mar 24, 2017
Messages
22
Reaction score
53
Golden Thread
0
Location
San Antonio
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Anyone in SA want to link up to metal detect? I'm new to this hobby, and recently found two of these A Scholzs Saloon tokens.
 
I wish I could hunt with you but I would be to slow now at 68 years old, the places I hunted in the early 2000 are no longer allowed. I just got an Etrac last years from a friend who no longer hunts because of health issues, I have not used it yet but hope too some day. My best find to date was 16 silver dollars in one day, that will never happen to me again. Maybe some day we can compare signals...
 
I wish I could hunt with you but I would be to slow now at 68 years old, the places I hunted in the early 2000 are no longer allowed. I just got an Etrac last years from a friend who no longer hunts because of health issues, I have not used it yet but hope too some day. My best find to date was 16 silver dollars in one day, that will never happen to me again. Maybe some day we can compare signals...
Nice sir let me.know.when and where
.

Sent from my SM-G930V using TreasureNet.com mobile app
 
1494988716006.webp
FOUND THIS TODAY IT says Normoyle Q.M Depot.... Seen info on the Quarter Master depot but can't find anything on this button/or badge.... Pretty cool find. The info I found says this was an old Quarter Master depot located in San Antonio Tx.... Any more info would be much appreciated. Thank you

Sent from my SM-G930V using TreasureNet.com mobile app
 
I would sure like to, but going on a cruise starting this weekend. Should be good to go the next weekend. Let me know!
 
Louie79,
I live in Lytle (about 25 mi. SW of San Antonio on I-35). I'd love to go out with you. I use a Garrett 2500 GTI and a Garrett Infinium LS pulse. I've been detecting on and off since 1983. Most of my hunting was in Europe. I have hundreds of Roman coins and many old national coins. Let's get together.
 
a big TEXAS welcome to you Louie 79. i had a many great hunts and many great fines 25 to 40 years ago in the S. A. area including LYLE TX. i found 0 on the QM token re post the picks in the token forum. may get some date and years for you .i thought it was on fort Sam.
Camp Normoyle [ + ]
Established in June 1918 near Kelly Field for storage of supplies and the repair of motor
vehicles, Camp Normoyle (also known as the Normoyle Quartermaster Depot) was
named for Major James E. Normoyle, 3d Infantry (USMA 1889). The camp was
redesignated as East Kelly Field in 1945. Normoyle was commissioned in 1889 in the
Infantry and served in Cuba and the Philippines, 1898-1903. Detailed to the
Quartermaster Corps, he was the Assistant Quartermaster for the Maneuver Division at
Fort Sam Houston in 1911. He organized relief efforts for the Mississippi Flood of 1912
and for another flood the following year. He served as the Constructing Quartermaster
and Depot Quartermaster at Fort Leavenworth and he organized the support for the 50th
Anniversary reunion of the battle of Gettysburg in 1913. He died in 1916. the great thing a bought S. A. is you may find things from any where in the world that the U S military were stationed at.i thank you will love hunting i n S. A. i am looking to start dirt fishing one more need to pass that on to the grand son and a younger pal of mine. i will be helping the wife rehab from a total spine rebuild for now and will be giti my equipment repaired or up graded soon
 
I may be too much of a novice for you, but I have lots of energy and a laser focus to find the goods!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom