Tenderfoot
Jan 3, 2017
Westport CA
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi all!

I wondered if anyone who is familiar with Arizona has ever heard tell of placer gold in the San Tan mountains (southeast of Phoenix)? I am aware of the old mines in the area such as the famous "lucky strike" (gold and copper mine) in the northern face of that range that most locals know of, so I know there is some gold around. Just looking for any anecdotal info. I ask because my father lives in the sticks out there and one day he met a gentleman in the wash across the street from his property collecting dirt to take home and run through his sluice. When asked if it was yielding much he replied "Not enough to cover gas, its just a hobby." Anyone else have any luck? Thanks in advance!

Upvote 0

davin

May 10, 2011
north idaho
Detector(s) used
whites GMT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
sorry cant help you but i would be interested in knowing also.

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
tn_md.gif
1st - Noticed this is your very first post Bill - so, Welcome Aboard! Take a look at Sub-Forums: Arizona for information (i.e., clubs, etc.) directly related to your state.
metal_detector.gif
2nd - I am sure a member will pipe in shortly...

arizau

Bronze Member
May 2, 2014
AZ
Detector(s) used
Beach High Banker, Sweep Jig, Whippet Dry Washer, Lobo ST, 1/2 width 2 tray Gold Cube, numerous pans, rocker box, and home made fluid bed and stream sluices.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions